WoW: 1.7 patch notes

Full list

A lot of new hunter love. Zul’Gurub, new domination-style battleground, and a dressing room are the highlights.

I’m personally looking forward to the fishing competition and itemization of the rare elites in Felwood as I waste my time farming for Living Essence!

DRESSING ROOM!!! Hooray!

My sister’s old What Shall I Wear? and Mystery Date games immediately came to mind when I saw this. (I only remember those because my sister played a lot. I never did. Not once. I swear. I didn’t play Holly Hobbie with the plastic, clear wishing well pennies either!!! Dammit!)

Fuck WoW!

3 characters/3 servers/3 times the wasted time

I don’t understand why they had to nerf Retaliation for Warriors at all.

Edit : Actually, quite a few warrior nerfs. Arms is the only tree worth using again, they were just trying to fix that. They changed our intro level epic set armor to have mostly +Def, then they nerf how much +Def items have? This is bizarre.

New looting is good. Greed option will save many headaches.

It’s unclear how it works though. As it only applies to Need Before Greed and not the other rolling rules, will Warriors and Paladins be permitted to roll “need” on cloth? Could a Priest roll “greed” on plate?

The reason nobody used NBG previous to this is because it didn’t prevent plate-wearers from rolling on cloth or leather but it stopped those classes from rolling on plate.

No mention of the Debuff limit increase to 16. I hope that made the cut.

–Dave

It’s unclear how it works though. As it only applies to Need Before Greed and not the other rolling rules, will Warriors and Paladins be permitted to roll “need” on cloth? Could a Priest roll “greed” on plate?

The reason nobody used NBG previous to this is because it didn’t prevent plate-wearers from rolling on cloth or leather but it stopped those classes from rolling on plate.[/quote]

I think it’s pretty clear that in fact you can roll on anything as “greed”. I’m also very interested to find out if it will finally stop the Warriors from rolling on cloth.

Overall, it should be a better system, since the default doesn’t stop Warriors and Paladins anyway. I plan on giving it a try.

Lorini

The reason nobody used NBG previous to this is because it didn’t prevent plate-wearers from rolling on cloth or leather but it stopped those classes from rolling on plate.[/quote]
They say this is going in for Group loot as well. I don’t see what’s confusing about it. Anyone can roll anything on anything, the greed option just offers an easy second tier roll.

“Need Before Greed” mode was broken because it enforced an impractical restriction on who could roll, when really what was needed was a second tier roll structure.

You’re never going to stop people from being dicks, and preventing Warriors and Paladins from rolling on lower armor classes would be wrong and not desirable anyway.

One problem that some people might be overlooking is that cloaks are cloth and not miscellaneous. Blanket assignment of cloth as greed to non-cloth only classes wouldn’t fix things.

Need before greed could be fixed with some effort, though.

Not very happy about the 33% defense reduction. Spent quite a lot of gold and time to get more defense, only to have the +def items nerfed.
There’s a few non-def items I wish I hadn’t already sold now :(

The pet improvements are long awaited and will help out my style a ton, but my heart is really set on the fishing tournament. Just did the artisan fishing quest with my alt last night, maybe I can have two 300 skill fishermen in time for the tournament. I want a lucky fishing hat real bad to go with my fishing outfit, have to use a Crochet Hat as it is. There better be an Alliance version of the Nat Pagle’s Extreme Angler FC-5000 too, or there’s going to be trouble.

Zul’Gurub is just another instance I’ll probably never have the time to see, so I can’t get excited about that. Never been in Strat, Scholo, Dire Maul, or BRS either.

I’m pretty happy about the alchemy changes. Just got my first flask recipe, and now the effect stays when you die and Black Lotus will be available on the AH.

Won’t it hurt PvP when people with too much money start running around with 1200 more health and 150 more spell power, though?

Depends on how plentiful those potions are, I guess.

They did need to do something like this, though. If you PvP potions have been pretty worthless outside of heal and mana pots. Nothing like using a mongoose elixir and then dying three minutes later and wasting it.

On an unrelated note, I played my hunter for a bit on the test server and the new beastmaster tree is nice. Bestial wrath (or whatever it’s called) turns your pet into a terror. I tore up a lvl 60 druid with my pet charged up with this. Your pet turns red with wrath and grows about double in size too. The new pet stun is cool too.

[quote=“NI1”]

Not very happy about the 33% defense reduction. Spent quite a lot of gold and time to get more defense, only to have the +def items nerfed.
There’s a few non-def items I wish I hadn’t already sold now :([/quote]
Yes its a kick in the balls. I want to cough up $125 for a BlizCon ticket now so I can go piss on whose idea this was.

olaf

If this is any clear indication, there’s going to be lots of good Nat Pagel gear available for both factions in the tournament.

Now. To get myself out of Hostile with the Booty Bay faction. :(

I just wanted to add that the new “dressing room” feature is actually quite nifty. Someone links an item in chat and by Ctrl-clicking on it you get a popup with your character wearing the item. Leave the popup open and click on subsequent items to see how your character would look wearing those too.

It’s pure fluff, but it’s kind of fun to see your warrior wearing dreadmist, for example.