WoW 1.9.3 patch is out

I guess Hunters could theoretically get out of combat using feign death or disengage and then drink to replenish mana or use goblin jumper cables to rez.

Interesting that they still have not yet fixed the exploit where all the players except the main tank wedge themselves behind the spears during the Mandokir fight.

mouselock - i dont raid, i just thought i’d heard that people went ooc to drink a lot. it’s been a while, what do i know?

I could see it. Could be a big advantage if you could get your healers OOC long enough to drink and replinish mana. Just hadn’t thought that much about how to screw with the system. ;)

This patch also introduced a new error where enchanters can’t disenchant cloth items. My tailor/enchanter is not amused.

Edit: Bah, I missed where Andrew already noted this.

Shh! :P

The game looks great on my new Intel Mac! Much better than on my 2 year old Dell.

Jason vs Blizzard:

Jason: 100% in about a minute.
Blizzard: 0% in about two minutes.

Yes, Jason is by far my favourite person on this board, I love you man!

• King Gordok can no longer be seperated from Cho’Rush the Observer in
    Dire Maul.

Not that I’ve ever been through this encounter, but isn’t kiting Cho’Rush the accepted way of doing this?

I dunno, the groups I was in we always just had the tank tanking the King while we took out the other guy first.

Not really. We did our MC run tonight after the patch and it didn’t make much difference. We had a couple of deaths but certainly nothing that would have caused a raid wipe.

It basically makes Baron harder and any of the other encounters that have raid affecting AEs tougher, since people have to be more aware and not run through/stand in the AEs. (Magmadarr’s spit, Gehennas’ (or was it Luci’s? silly same mob type fights) fire rain, etc…)

I dunno, the groups I was in we always just had the tank tanking the King while we took out the other guy first.

If you’re just doing a regular DM north run it’s not going to change much, but doing a tribute run is going to be much harder now. Pulling Cho’Rush is key since he heals the king if he’s close enough, now you’re gonna have to tank him and keep him silenced somehow.

The MC change is going to make Baron, Magmadarr, Gehennas and to a lesser extent Golemagg and Domo more difficult. It’s going to put a lot more pressure on the healers/dispellers to keep people up in those high DoT/AoE encounters. Magmadarr is probably going to be a significant pain unless you’ve got mad dispelling to get rid of the fear/conflagration. Golemagg and Domo probably won’t change much for guilds that are accustomed to those fights, but for guilds that still have a little trouble with these two encounters this change will probably make them very difficult.

The MC change is going to make Baron, Magmadarr, Gehennas and to a lesser extent Golemagg and Domo more difficult. It’s going to put a lot more pressure on the healers/dispellers to keep people up in those high DoT/AoE encounters. Magmadarr is probably going to be a significant pain unless you’ve got mad dispelling to get rid of the fear/conflagration. Golemagg and Domo probably won’t change much for guilds that are accustomed to those fights, but for guilds that still have a little trouble with these two encounters this change will probably make them very difficult.

I really don’t want to make this come off as an e-peen measuring contest (so don’t take my comments that way), but my guild hasn’t used an OOC rezzer in MC for at least six months, probably more. For any decent group that knows what it’s doing, the changes they made in MC will not make any affect at all to the strategy or execution of the bosses.

Likewise, we formerly used an OOC rezzer on Ebonroc and Flamegor in BWL until Blizzard fixed it so you could no longer do that. We haven’t had any trouble beating either of those bosses since. Having people stay OOC is a crutch and is a borderline exploit, IMO, even though we have done it in the past, and most other guilds have as well.

You don’t use OOC rezzing for drinking. You use it to rez the people who have died. Once people start dieing, of course, you’re looking at a sliding slope of increasing difficulty. If you can get them back into the fight, you’re obviously better off.

One MC boss fight we did recently was going poorly… we had maybe 15 people down. But we held on, and by the end of the fight no one was dead anymore.

As for Cho’Rush, his class is random. He is usually a priest or shaman, but sometimes he’s a mage. The issue here was the rang-rang farmers were able to FD / sneak / whatever to the King and pull him solo, and kill him solo, which was never intended. “WTS Foror’s Compendium of Dragon Slayaing u bai???” etc.

wow, rezzing isn’t drinking?

Don’t waste your energy trying to explain these things to me - I don’t raid and I was just going on hearsay. Casters don’t go OOC to drink during boss fights, I get it.

Umm… no. You just move him off a little bit, have him offtanked while you burn down the king. Unless that’s what they’re saying they’ve gotten rid of. That’d be rather annoying.

All things considered though, I’m sure folks will adjust. The king is a pushover compared to actually killing Kromcrush and his two MSing buddies who pop when he hits 50%. Would be so even with Cho’Rush healing for the whole fight.

That goes without saying. What it makes harder is bootstrapping your way up. If you’ve been doing MC for six months since you needed OOC rezzes you’re well into being epic geared and have more resources. It’s groups who are just starting off who tend to rely on the crutches like OOC rezzes. As they get geared (healers get mana/5s, more int, more HP from drops in MC; tanks get more AC/def/HP; everyone gets more FR) the need for those things lessens dramatically. These types of changes never hit people who are well established in an area.

• King Gordok can no longer be seperated from Cho’Rush the Observer in
    Dire Maul.

I read that to mean that you couldn’t pull them away from eachother and off tank Cho’Rush so he can’t heal the King. Perhaps I’m misreading and they mean that you can no longer pull them seperately but are still able to get some physical distance between them as long as they’re both engaged. If that’s the case than it’s not a problem, the wording is just a little open so without someone actually doing the run and confirming this who knows what they mean.

Of course if you’ve had MC on auto pilot for months the changes aren’t going to affect you much, but not all of us are in that situation. My guild has most of MC down without any issue, occasionally having trouble with Magmadarr, Gehennas and Domo. We have yet to down Rag, I think we would have done it by now but we haven’t even attempted him in the last couple of weeks as the cousin of some of some of the guild members and long time guildmate/friend to many others recently died.