WoW Add a Forum for it?

If the Entity were to add another forum I think it should be called the “Fad” forum. It would definitely be a waste to create a WoW forum when it seems clear that the number of WoW threads will eventually decrease. If we had a “Fad” forum then the Entity could designate that certain topics were officially “fads” and were relegated to the ghetto.

Still, this is not a very good idea all things being equal. We have plenty of forums. If you don’t want to read about WoW don’t click.

A hotel.

Anybody that puts an before h words is a pretentious fart whomper.

According to most accepted styles, it depends on if the h is part of a vowel sound or not. “an hour” or “an honor.” But “a horse” or “a hiccup.”

This reminds me: can we have a Persnikity Grammar Correction Forum?

There’s hardly “too many” topics in this forum on a good day. Pull out the WOW topics and it’ll be mostly discussions about getting DosBox to work with your old games.

It happened with Doom, then HL2, now it happened with WOW. The fact that WOW has “legs” in this forum is interesting, but hardly fatal to QT3 as we know it.

In the name of sanity say that everyone who calls for a new forum is immediately banned for 2 weeks, so they don’t have to look at the topics they so hate.

Yeah you’re right, the forum has gone down to much for people to try and stay on topic. Oh wait, that’s not what you said, but if could have been if you weren’t a jackass.

Isn’t that what I just suggested with the FOTM forum?

Hey, it’s just like USENET!

I’ve gotten into the habbit of merely skimming some of these topics for the relevant whatevers.

Unfortunately, this is now the second time in a week that I’ve basically said the exact same thing that somebody else said.

Maybe I should start reading more carefully.

As for the an hour, an honor thing, “you know what I mean” Thrrrrpt

:D

It’s not as if the WoW threads are being deliberately mislabelled in order to lure in the unsuspecting e.g.:

Thread Title: Fun little game I discovered that I bet no one has heard of!

Hey! I just found this fun little game from a company called Snowstorm, or Blizzard, or something like that. It’s called World of Warcraft and I’m really having fun playing it. The only problem I have with it is that it requires an Internet connection to play! The nerve of those Freezingrain guys to force that on us. So, it’s a lot of fun. Check it out!

I guess my point is that I don’t see the issue about the proliferation of WoW threads, as long as they continue to be named appropriately (and they very much have been). It’s really pretty easy to avoid the WoW threads if you don’t want to read them. And nothing prevents you from starting up your own thread devoted to your new gaming obsession.

/Eph

What bothers me is that everybody is so busy playing WoW that nobody has time to play or talk about anything else.

:cry:

If there was a separate forum for WoW players, there’d be only like me, Thrrrrrrrpt, and maybe asspennies left here in Games, talking about me trying to get the latest game from 1994 that I got off of Amazon running on XP.

That might get kinda boring.

What else is there?

What else is there?

Double posting, apparently

Bloody hell, just create a mmorpg forum for all of those types of games.

I bet TomChick would create a Painkiller forum. Yeah! Grr baby, very grr!

still haven’t gotten Strike Commander working :(

Crusader works however! :)

Awesome!

Of course, the “Will you start a forum for this” topic is the clearest sign that the trend is just about over.

Andrew pegged it. :)

The number of threads will dwindle, even if the game has great legs. I remember supporting a separate Dom2 forum and looking back, it was a pretty dumb idea.

Remember the big debate over splitting PC and console games into separate forums? It never happened and the sky hasn’t fallen. Or it fell but very gently and quietly and I haven’t noticed yet.