WoW Expansion: The Burning Crusade...?

An italian mag cover suggests that Burning Crusade will be the name of the WoW expansion, and that the level cap will be raised to 70.

Seems like I’ve got a ways to go with my lvl 18 Paladin.
http://monofurioso.shackspace.com/ExpanCover.jpg

Does that say stupisce?

Also we do know a few things. There are going to be new races and hero classes.

Man, I hope this thing isn’t due for at least another 6 months… I just stopped playing and don’t need to get sucked in again anytime soon.

If the burning crusade means I can kill even more of those scarlet crusade bastards then I’m all for it. Damn I hate those roving patrols of theirs in EP.

yeah, I hate those bastards.

The Burning Crusade as a title lends itself to a few possible scenarios…could it be Blizzard is planning to add new content about both the Scarlet Crusade and the Burning Legion?

And while we’re speaking of the Scarlet Crusade, I’ve got some questions for the lore junkies: what exactly is their command structure like? As far as I can tell, they have four main areas under their control: the Scarlet Monestary in Tirisfal Glades, Hearthglen in WPL, Tyr’s Hand in EPL, and their half of Stratholme. Which of these is considered the “headquarters”? The last boss in SM is Scarlet Commander Mograine, but it doesn’t seem right that their leader would be of a much lesser level than all of the other named Scarlet mobs.

But will it have hawt blood elf chicks?

Yea MarchHare, Id like those questions answered too. They do seem a bit scattered and it is odd the Scarlet Monistary seems to be thier big base with the big bosses who are lower level.

Although if that is name of the expansion I think it would heavily involve the burning legion, not the scarlet crusade. Espeically with the hint of two new newbie areas, illidan, blood elves, and all, it would seem like they would be a prefect fit for a new faction.

Of course this brings up an intresting “lore” / gameplay question: If the new faction is allied with the burning legion, shouldn’t all demons be friendly with them? Certainly the burning blade should be. Also, how would warlocks work? It would seem that a BL aligned warlock would not need to enslave demons. If you summoned an infernal or doom guard, it should serve you loyally.

There are orcs, humans, elves, undead, etc etc in the world that aren’t natrually allied with their player-based brethren. Think Bloodscalp trolls, Burning Legion orcs, etc. Having Demons not allied with a player-based race doesn’t seem too out of the ordinary.

Actually, I thought Tyr’s Hand was the base for the Scarlet Crusade. Also, I’d like to know more about how Balnazzar infiltrated them and just how deep the demonic ties go. Here’s another thought, maybe they just spoiled the Scarlet Crusade’s secret (they were created BY the Burning Legion).

There are orcs, humans, elves, undead, etc etc in the world that aren’t natrually allied with their player-based brethren. Think Bloodscalp trolls, Burning Legion orcs, etc. Having Demons not allied with a player-based race doesn’t seem too out of the ordinary.

And remember that Varimathras (a Dread Lord of the Burning Legion) sits right next to Sylvanas in the Undercity.

Even so, I doubt they’d make a player race of demons. Blood Elves for Horde, Pandaran?? for Alliance.

For some reason I can’t fully place, I have the title associated with venereal disease.

Where is that Italian MMO armchair designer when we need him to translate stuff. =P Oh probably blogging that he predicted this five months ago.

HRooosee…

I’m frantically blogging :)

In fact you are right about everything.

I already predicted this in May (see the reference to Blood Elves and floating cities).

Which seem to correspond to a leaked screenshot.

Pandarens would be cool… I would expect a beast race for the alliance and a “hotty” female race for the horde (they need it).

Thing is, there isn’t much lore I’ve seen about Pandarens… other than the Chinese food take out, April Fools thing. Or maybe its all a ruse and we will be getting some Asian influenced races… for both sides… with horde getting the hotties.

Also probably one mail class for Alliance and one plate for horde to even things out more. A debuff plate class ala DAOC Champions for Horde, and some scale hunter caster type for Alliance. something like that…

I also heard rumors that Ironforge and Ogrimmar will be destroyed somewhat… likesome invasion scenario… and an AH will be in all cities (finally).

etc

The alliance race is still unknown since they still have to enable it on the closed beta test.

It’s not even sure it will be revealed at BlizzCon.

Seems unlikely. If blizzard did something like that, they’d be either A) giving a ton of the expansion content to people who don’t pay for the expansion, or B) Forcing all expansion players on to new servers.

Neither seems likely.

Though, to tell the truth, I think doing major world changes would rock my world. Just that it seems unlikely.

They could do it. EQ has done it a few times.

If they’re going to do major changes to cities, I’d like to see Gnomeregan a safely inhabitable city for the gnomes again. Haven’t we killed Thermaplugg enough times already? Add a new instance for 30-35 Alliance players with the long-rumoured “Old Ironforge”.

YAY! Blood Elves!

Hrm :/

Meh. I wish they’d spill the beans already.