Wow, Firefox is really good (again) these days

I think you’re talking about Fenix, the new preview browser for Android that’s being worked on as a big project to replace the old/current Android Firefox. It just added addons support last night in a build or so. Not sure why the non-new Firefox for Android needed replacing?

On Android play store there is: Firefox for Android Beta; Firefox Preview; Firefox Lite, Firefox Focus, and Firefox browser.
I’m talking about Firefox Preview… I think.

Good or bad? You decide: if you close a pinned tab, it won’t be unpinned next time you restart Firefox but will be back like it is in Chrome. To remove it from pinned status, you have to unpin. I appreciate this.

Alert! Firefox latest update broke things!

To fix it for now:

Ah, very helpful, thanks.

After using Firefox forever (seriously, 20 years I think?), I think I’m going to have to do the switch to Chrome. In the last six months I have found 2 or 3 pages that were not working on Firefox, three week ago youtube started acting up, needing 15 seconds for every video to start, and a few days ago Netflix stopped working with FF.
I’m trying to diagnose this latest issue, I disabled the drm check in the Firefox options, re-enabled again and now it seems stuck on the installation on the Widevine drm plugin.

Especially with root- free ad bloc on mobile.

Does any other browser have the ability to block audio and video auto play?

I use it on Windows and Linux and had none of the issues you mentioned. That said, I don’t use any addons/plugins, so that might be it?

I’m sure a reinstall or creating another user profile may fix the issues. But, the thing is, it seems Firefox tends to break more than other browsers. Two years ago I also had another issue with FF and I needed to do a very clean reinstall to fix it.

The question is, why should I bother trying to fix it when there are other browsers available with less tendency to ‘break’ ?

You’re just looking for an excuse to switch it sounds like. I have no profile problems with Firefox and I have a ton of addons.

LOL, an excuse to switch. I’m not saying my problems are universal to every FF user, but nonetheless, I’m having them. I’m trying to fix them up, that’s what I want. It’s just that one way to do it is by switching browsers.

It’s quick to uninstall Firefox, purge the app data folders and reinstall clean.

Works great for me. Better recently, if anything. There are occasional periods of a crashing version (especially in YouTube), but thankfully they are brief.

There’s nothing stopping you from installing multiple other browsers to try. It’s not all or nothing until you decide it is.

I always had several browsers installed, lol. It was just a comment on the last personal experience.

Have you considered Edge? It’s actually a pretty decent browser these days.

Only complaint is the way Microsoft keeps wanting to shove news and other content at you when you launch it. You can disable all that stuff, but somehow it re-appears after major updates. Trying to get a blank screen is more work than it should be.

I’ve been using Edge now for a couple of years, and don’t have any of that news-pushing behavior. How does it manifest? Just wondering how I’ve managed to avoid it.

I use Edge as my work browser every workday and I’ve never had news pushed in my face.

Really? Maybe it’s just me then. The 22H2 update turned all the content settings back to “visible” after I disabled them.

Not a huge deal. Edge is fine otherwise.