WoW: Honor System Q&A up

Honor System Q&A is now up here. It’s interesting and gives a small-to-moderate amount of info. Three things that caught my attention:

1. The honor decay system. From reading what they said, I don’t understand how this is going to work. I understand that it’s not a straight decay (e.g., you lose 100 points per week). But I don’t understand what system they use instead. Anyone get it?

2. The honor rest system. This seems responsive to the complaints of HRose and various others that the honor system will be “catass supremacy.” Although it’s great that they have a rest system for honor, the details are so vague that there’s no way to tell how robust it will be. Will the “weekly bonus pool” be so much that a casual PvPer can remain an officer? No way to tell. The fact that they consider a rest system necessary, though, means that they understand the concern of non-catassers and gives me some hope that I’ll have a moderate rank, at least.

3. Possibility of dishonor in the future. This is the first time (since its initial cancellation) that they’ve really made it sound like dishonor could make it into the game. I was under the impression that dishonor was basically off the table for the foreseeable future. The comment in this article makes it sound like a dishonor system is possible, maybe even likely, but not until they first evaluate the effectiveness of honor alone. Maybe that’s wishful thinking on my part, but that’s how it looked to me. I hope that’s right.

One other thing that caught mine:

Brief respites during loading screens and other things similar to them where you cannot be killed for honor.

1. If you have less points than the previous week your total score will be reduced by a factor of the difference. This factor is smaller than the one for the opposite case, so you will increase faster than you decrease in a way.

2. The first x points will be acquired at a faster rate each week. When you’ve reached the threshold there will be no rest bonus for the remainder of the week.

This is the way I understand it.