WoW: New Alliance Race OFFICIAL

…well, it will be on Wednesday when they finally announce it.

In the meantime, various sites are reporting on the video that Blizzard is showing that gives the first look at the new alliance race. Apparently it’s very big (Tauren-size), blue, and has a large tail.

That doesn’t sound much like a Draenei to me. Fan speculation is now pointing toward the Eredar:

What on earth could make the Eredar join the Alliance or vice versa? They’re about as evil as it gets in the Warcraft universe.

I agree it doesn’t make much sense lore-wise, unless they’re adding some twist.

Various threads speculating about the Eredar as the new race on the WoW general forums have been deleted by the mods four times in the past few hours. What’s that about?

lol Eredar? The demons that tried to invade the world twice?

I know it doesn’t make sense, but it would be fucking awesome.

Blizzard has always liked to toy with factions-within-factions, so playable ones could be a splinter group or something.

I thought I remembered an earlier announcement saying that the new race would be one not seen before though, and these guys are a bit too prominent. (In the larger lore, anyways, though not within WoW specifically)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft-expansion/705785p1.html

The gamespy writer thinks it’s the Draenei, but the description definitely fits the Eredar more. Archimonde in WC3 had bluish/grey skin, and the long tail and hooves are more akin to Eredar than Draenei. Then you also have those deleted threads as more proof.

Seriously, I’m rolling a demon.

Mongojerry from the Lurker Lounge saw a concept art pic, thought it looked like a Protoss = but couldn’t rule out a reskinned Draenei. He’s deleted the thread unfortunately so I can’t link it.

Chin tentacles are one of the only things that could get me to actually shell out money for the pack at this point. However, I have drawn a line in the sand. I will only buy it if the chin tentacles wiggle when a character talks and if the women have chin tentacles too.

Chin tentacles are one of the only things that could get me to actually shell out money for the pack at this point. However, I have drawn a line in the sand. I will only buy it if the chin tentacles wiggle when a character talks and if the women have chin tentacles too.

I was kinda hoping it would be High Elves. The concept of both Blood and High Elves starting in the same zone flagged as “neutral” to each other, and then choosing sides in their civil war as the hit higher levels seemed like it would be a neat one. But I guess there are only so many elves you can stuff into a game… :-P

The chin tentacles should sort of shoot out, or twirl, or something, when you cast a spell.

I hope that instead of chosing peircings or horns during character creation, that slot it taken up by chin tentacles, allowing you to choose your perferred configuration.

Describe some of the features of the most desired chin tentacle configurations.

But a playable demon race! OMG as if locks weren’t overpowered enough, now they can banish people! zomg

Kudos to Blizzard.

Better kept secret. I’m impressed.

They should add a dedicated prize.

Yeah, just like Pallies can use Track Undead and Exorcism on the Forsaken. :/

Perhaps they’ll make both sides mad and announce all tauren are now Alliance? :P

But animal form druids can be hibernated and… you know the rest of this conversation.

If this is true, blizzard has no consitency in thier lore. Blood elves make no sense for the horde (and no, I do not want to get into that discussion yet again), and demons certainly make no sense for the alliance (or horde for that matter).

What on God’s green earth could allow humans, let alone the Night Elves to make friends with Demons?

Phat l00ts