WOW: New Alliance Race?

http://img491.imageshack.us/my.php?image=922jpg0zr.jpg

Fake? If so its a pretty good one.

Heh heh, I doubt it but that would pretty much force me to resubscribe. :)

I’m gonna second that. For some reason my raging hatred of Murlocs would turn to instant love if I could actually play as one.

Oh and for the record? To hell with the blood elves, and by the blood elves I mean all elves in all games ever.

Murlocs would only be cool if, despite being a playable race, it remained impossible for anyone to understand them. That way, every time a level 23 murloc wanted to hit deadmines, all the rest of Ironforge would see would be:

[1. General]Gurglebash: RRRRLLLLGGLLLGLGLLLGGGLLLLLLL RRLLGGLLLL RLLLGGGLLLGGLLLGLLL RRRRGGLLLGGGLLLLL?

If Murlocs turned out to be the new Alliance race, I’d cry…cry all the way through character creation and up to level 60.

Erik J.

Haha, me too. I’d totally buy the expansion and reactivate my account. It’s just so absurd it’s fantastic. I seriously doubt that it’s true, though.

I have to wonder, though, what a level 70 murloc pimped out in epic gear would look like. And what would their mount be?

Feral humans.

This has got to be a hoax-o-rama. I mean, after all the time you spend slaughtering murlocs all over the darn place…what? we find out that there’s a bunch of good murlocs that were hiding in an underwater cave somewhere?

This sounds like it’s just a stupid riff on that Worgen rumor.

This has got to be a hoax-o-rama. I mean, after all the time you spend slaughtering murlocs all over the darn place…what? we find out that there’s a bunch of good murlocs that were hiding in an underwater cave somewhere?

There’s evil trolls in just about every zone of the game, but suppossedly just one “good” troll tribe.

Same with the undead…they’re universally bad, except for the Forsaken. I think you kill even more humans in the game than you do Murlocs. There’s also Dark Iron Dwarves, Blackrock Orcs, and Irradiated Gnomes. I can’t think of any off-hand, but there’s probably evil Night Elves somewhere too.

So it’s not unheard of for Blizzard to make a playable faction of an otherwise enemy race.

This is clearly a hoax, though. As cool as it would be, they would never make Murlocs playable. :(

I will name him Jar Jar.

Good point.

But the new race will probably just end up being something stupid like “Sheep-Men.”

I hope for something more like centaurs myself. There’s already a story arc in desolace that has you making friends with a centaur clan, so it’s not impossible to think they could introduce a centaur player race which is neutral to the alliance.

What would a Centaur mount be?

A female centaur. bah-dum-bum

Haha. Nice one.

Wouldn’t need one, could just reintroduce the ol’ tauren plains running.

edit:

Or goblin rocket boots.

Actually, and this is kind of knit-picky, but there are a bunch of other friendly tribes (most only friendly to the Horde). The Revantusk in Hinterlands, the other tribe in Desolace (can’t remember their name), and the Zandalar, which are friendly to both Alliance and Horde.

Centaurs would be cool as would naga but I would say no way they would add them due to the new art they would have to build and new game mechanics (do they have no leg slots or do they have 4, can the naga quad wield weapons or use 2x 2-handed weapons?)

Looks like to me the Blood Elves are pretty much rebadged NE. The animations all look the same. I couldn’t imagine the new alliance race to be something totally unique. Will be something rebadged (even if done inventively).

The art style and color palette is all wrong. Definately fake.

Never played, and won’t until I can be a Pandarin.