WOW: Private Servers

I don’t game on the same timeline as most people. I’m just now getting into Diablo. The first one. I still wading through Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale before moving on to both of their sequels. And although I think I’d enjoy MMORPGs, I don’t buy them because I know that eventually, the publisher will pull the plug on the servers, and the game won’t have worked it’s way up to the top of my backlog pile by then. If the scenario zabuni described were the way it was (publishers release server after they stop supporting the game), I’d probably have a couple MMORPGs in my backlog already. Including some that are still well supported, and it would be easy for me to dip my toe monthly billing collective. But knowing that when Blizzard shuts the door on Azeroth, I’ll never get to see it again (assuming I live that long) has kept my computer WoW-free.

But like I said, I’m not Blizzard’s target audience, I realize this, and I’m ok with that, so this is less “wah wah whine” and more “zabuni, that’s a great idea, too bad no one does it.”

I guess the one downside to most Private Servers, if you would consider it one, is that the population is usually no where near that of the actual servers. Considering I only play WoW when I am questing with a buddy of mine, that is not that big of an issue…