WoW Question: Avoiding X-roads on re-roll

Locks are always in demand for their healthstones, succ/imp, soulstone, and of course their DOT’s, Curse Of Doom, etc. I am constantly getting unsolicited tells asking if I can join instance groups (at 60). It also seems the Lock population is quite low compared to other classes.

As for Hunters it does seem they are somewhat unloved in instances. I think this is more a case of very few people knowing how to play a Hunter well. The Hunters in our guild are quite useful with the right talent tree and their trap skills.

Warlocks can stop runners with curse of recklessness too, which can be handy if noone’s got a stun ready.

I think Silverpine is a terrible place to level up. I’d take Barrens and day over Silverpine. The zone is much more cramped, and cramped with mobs that are mostly always higher than you. It also has that uber mob that wanders around and pummels everything in sight in the lowest level part of the zone.

Definitely:

Old data but probably still reliable as a trend.

Actually, you’d be surprised. Warriors in particular went from being one of the least popular classes to the most popular one on my server. I think that happened over a period of about a month and a half, and your data is five months old?

That said, warlocks and druids are still the least popular classes. I guess a possible explanation for druids is the race restriction. Warlocks, apart from being unlike the archetype classes, also suffer from the “grinding for soulshards” stigma, which is pretty much valid. You can’t really PvP with them unless you spend some time in a high-level area collecting soul shards.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Since PVP isn’t a big draw for me–hence me contemplating leaving a PvP server–I’ll be giving the Warlock a try.

The char I brought through XR was a priest, so I’m hoping with the warlock I can chew through things faster.

It all comes down to preparation. It’s very easy to fill a traveler’s backpack with soulshards by doing a quick grind in EP or wherever. People really appreciate it when you can hand out healthstones and summon everyone to an instance, etc.

I don’t really waste shards on PvP. I mostly summon the imp to harass the enemy and if I die no big deal. I would never PvP without friends anyway. Locks aren’t good for solo PvP’ing against similar enemy levels.

But warlocks are one of the best classes for solo’ing PvE stuff. Fear plus void makes it easy to solo elites etc.

Tell that to Drakedog. He goes through shards like crazy, though.

Oh, if you get some good ‘locks’ they’re damn great. I once did a Baron run once with 3 of them in our group. AoE insanity and it probably took probably 75mins or less to kill the Baron.

Oh, if you get some good ‘locks’ they’re damn great. I once did a Baron run once with 3 of them in our group. AoE insanity and it probably took probably 75mins or less to kill the Baron.

Not to be a dick, but 75mins on that run is nothing to brag about.

Then again, I’m guessing you guys all play Alliance and are gimped with Paladins instead of Shamans, so…