WoW: Rogue talent review

The content was already designed with the sunder/expose tradeoff in mind. If you change the way that works, you’ve gotta rewrite every instance ever. It’s not going to happen.

It’s trivial. It used to be pretty good when you could get high end gems in beta, but no more. The junk you get is crap. Occasionally you’ll get a pot, which is nice. But that’s pretty rare.

edit: God I need more sleep.

deleted for posterity!

Yeah I was a bit confused there for a second. =/

Blizzard are learning - put out your ‘worst case’ changes for the talent review, absorb the shitstorm of pissy whining from the no-life catassers*, then put out the changes you were going to do all along. Cunning rascals.

*I have a 59 rogue, haven’t raided with him though.

First - defining my perspective:

I’m a level 60 casual rogue, just getting rolling in the endgame and not really concerned about my build or gear. And not really avid board poster or board reader or min maxer as far as WoW is concerned.

I’m also a MMO Producer, and it appears that this review of Rogues is so far focused on talents.

Why would you expect a talent review - which affects all rogues - to alter the extreme endgame content?

Why wouldn’t you expect gear changes from the epic endgame to be adjusted?

I’d just like to go back to this for a bit. First, why shouldn’t a talent review change a classes performance in end game content. If the goal isn’t to improve the class in some way then it’s change for change’s sake. Second gear isn’t a very good solution. Forcing players to do anything is poor design, players should have options and there shouldn’t be situations where there is only one viable solution. Forcing all rogues to get two pieces of Bonescythe in order for them to scale as other classes do without requiring specific items indicates that there’s a problem with the class. This has happened to rogues previously where the 5/8 Nightslayer bonus is still considered to be the best PvP bonus available to rogue and many player’s PvP gear includes them despite the fact that the PvP rewards and BWL/AQ/ZG gear seems like it should be better, and without that one bonus they are significantly better. The reason, it’s one of only two ways to scale a rogue’s energy.

I think I’m pretty much done with WoW. I’m not terribly excited by the prospect of MORE raiding just to get gear - and it’s not just one raid, it’s raids ad nauseum until I can get enough points to spend to get my gear… if it drops. As far as the single player grind is concerned, it’s an insane amount of time to get anything worthwhile. Reviews of talents don’t address the core issue that once you hit 60, casual content is over. Raiding once or twice is okay, but when I look back and realised I’ve done Dead Strat about 15 times, and MC about 3 times, and got scarcely anything, it’s time to look for entertainment elsewhere.