Wow: Serenity Now, crashing the party

When someone’s kicking your ass in an argument, this is always a safe way to go.

Lizard King was kicking ass??

How in the hell did he kick my ass? He entered this thread spewing forth vitriol to the extent that it wasn’t even worth debating with him. So I just gave him the only retort of which he was worthy, which was a nonsensical one-liner.

I don’t mind debating with reasonable people, or even hot-headed people like myself from time to time, but he just came across as a complete ass… over a topic on a person that lost their life. Talk about class.

Best line in this thread.

You know, if this was just one guild dumb enough to venture out on a PvP server unprotcted, I’d say fine. Hilarious! But a very real person died. Someone who treasured their life just as much as any one of us and died before their time. That’s terribly sad. And what Serenity Now did was beyond bad taste, it was incredibly immature. I mean off the freaking official immaturity measuring scale! Should they be punished? No, they didn’t break any rules except as moral people. But they sure get my pity. On my worst day, I can’t imagine doing this to someone who is genuinly grieving for the loss of a friend, virtual or otherwise. I guess a guild making fun of 9/11 victims is next.

Yeah, I’m sure folks with multiple thousands of posts on a single online forum are lightyears ahead, and nowhere near as easily stereotyped. But I love it when the guy claiming to be coming from the Land Of Maturity to regale us maggots with the way things ought to be does so with an ad hominem that spirals his own lecture onto himself.

What? Actually, never mind.
True or False:
Serenity Now are dickheads.

True, self admitted even. But I believe I have said this before: complaining about assholes on the internet is like complaining about being wet in the rain. Idiots and forces of nature don’t go away if you complain.

The really sad thing is, Serenity Now won. Completely. Not only did they get 50 honor points, they also received the infamy of the entire server, which they wanted. People like this gun for fights. And now, everyone will fight them.

It is much sound and fury, signifying nothing. As they say, never fight with a pig. You’ll both get mud and shit all over you, but the pig will enjoy it.

If the only way you can think of to entertain yourself is to fuck with other people’s free time you are a bad person. The end. “It’s not real?” Fuck you, that’s not relevant. It’s real enough for the other people to spend their time doing it, and it’s their fucking bag, man. Their little MMOfuneral doesn’t have shit to do with anyone but the losers involved.

Alright. Say you’re at the mall. Say you see a 450 pound retarded kid pouring his pizza-flavored milkshake down the front of his overalls.

The moment that you point and laugh at him, he’s no longer the most pathetic person in the building.

I’m sorry, but was the attacked guild some paragon of virtue? Or were they no better or worse than Serenity Now? I get impotent rage over griefers, but over griefers grieving other (grieving) griefers, not so much.

QFT*

[size=-2]*this added to suit the post-length nazi-bot[/size]
PS: vB code is not fully on, or you wouldn’t see those tags.

Bill- Your victim being a bad person doesn’t preclude the possibility that you are a bad person.

Dude, you said it all. I couldn’t put it any better than that.

Except the 450 LB retard in question is being roleplayed in an online video game, and you’re pointing at him and sneering.

Even in UO they hired Guards when they had some Ceremony (e.g. a ingame wedding, promotion, banquet or wtf)… At least we did.

Seems like their security detail were not up to the task at hand…

True. But as obnoxious as I think this stunt was, a little part of me has to admire their commitment to being dickheads.

I laughed. Lots.

And yet I appreciated that they named a new sector in Jumpgate after someone I knew who died (he was a JG GM of sorts). Go figure.

It’s a PVP area. It’s a PVP area. The ones trying to have a funeral in the midst of it are the ones fucking with other people’s time.

Alright. Say you’re at the mall. Say you see a 450 pound retarded kid pouring his pizza-flavored milkshake down the front of his overalls.

That’s great, except the people in question are only figuratively retarded. You using that as a comparison is probably pretty insulting to retarded people in general. Set that aside, and its just a faulty analogy, seeking to create yet another class of guaranteed victims that cannot be touched due to imaginary handicaps. That’s a pretty cheap shot.

The moment that you point and laugh at him, he’s no longer the most pathetic person in the building.

He wasn’t pathetic to begin with, he was just acting within the constraints of his nature. The only thing that’s pathetic here is your desire to turn (probably) perfectly normal people who are admittedly pretty lame into the equivalent of bona fide mentally handicapped persons. That’s fairly disrespectful to both groups, I’d say, certainly moreso than Serenity Now, who at least had the decency to treat members of a PVP community as members of a PVP community.

What? Actually, never mind.

Inferring being a loser from people’s activities online is a real crapshoot, especially when you seek to use their alleged real life patheticness as a shield.

True or False:

Possibly. I don’t know any of them. But certainly none of their actions there warrant that title, unless you’re going to call them awesome dickheads. That would be a compromise with which I’m comfortable.

You’re saying there’s no benefit to killing someone who’s unprepared in PvP? I thought the whole point of playing that was to kill your enemies, whether you catch them with their pants down or not. Especially when you’re talking about a conflict where both sides have controversial tactics in play.

There’s no strategic gain, period in WoW. Either you can embrace that artificial parity and enjoy the game and act like your little virtual struggle matters, or not. I think your issue is more with the MMORPG genre in general than with this funeral…certainly your critiques are at least as applicable to WOW generally.

You must have a really rough time on the internet, if I represent vitriol too hot for you to handle. But you’re right. I didn’t do anything to you; you babbled yourself into submission with only the slightest push from me.

I don’t mind debating with reasonable people, or even hot-headed people like myself from time to time, but he just came across as a complete ass… over a topic on a person that lost their life. Talk about class.

What you obviously mean is that you don’t mind “debating” with people that mostly agree with you. So someone dies, somewhere, and that is supposed to rationalize your fruity worldview? Give me a break. You remain a fruit no matter how many of your fellow fruits perish, and there is not a thing wrong with pointing it out, or kicking the shit out of virtual manifestations of said fruits in a game designed for that purpose. What’s next, Counterstrike funerals? BF2?

What, now they’re not just retards, but bad people too? Your contempt for these people knows no bounds. (I really enjoy the internet forum high ground game…over to you)

I can agree completely it was a stupid place to hold said funeral AND they should have expected trouble in a contested zone…duh.

But to say “it’s all pretend, so it’s all right to be a slimy jackass” is too often the argument on the internet and it doesn’t hold water.

But if you deal dirt to somebody who would unquestionably do the same to you if provided the opportunity, nobody gets the right to call foul.

And, you know, online funerals for real-world deaths are ghey. They should have put together a big phat killah raid on Serenity Now to honor their dead pal, instead of setting themselves up like twats. Standing around and letting their heads get lopped off is hardly a show of honor or compassion. What was their guild called? P3rrl H4rb0rz?

Set that aside, and its just a faulty analogy, seeking to create yet another class of guaranteed victims that cannot be touched due to imaginary handicaps.

I don’t think anyone who can write that seriously will ever understand. “victims”? “touched”? That’s not the point. You should need a reason to be mean to someone, not a reason not to be an asshole. Capiche?

What, now they’re not just retards, but bad people too?

True or False: