WoW - Tanking Xevozz (Heroic)

Big Bear Butt Tank posted a video recently of him tanking Xevozz. Worth a watch at least to see what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bYL5twOrc

you get 2 arcane mages that puts out 5k dps on 5 man bosses, and then you just burn him down in like 17 seconds.

I honestly don’t think the wowwiki article is correct. On at least one of our attempts last night I had Xevozz quite close to a sphere - I was being extra cautious about it and it still triggered a teleport.

Unless he has to stay in proximity to all three spheres - if that’s the case, I don’t see how you do it while kiting him up the balcony. :\

Sadly it sounds like the consensus here is the same as everywhere else - no one actually knows for sure what triggers the teleport.

I avoid running VH. Wipe on a boss, you are clearing out tons of trash again. Wipe on the second boss… ugh.

I should note that I only PUG, so you never know what kind of pack of morons you are going to end up with. With most heroics, you can muscle through everything, even if it takes a few wipes. In VH, having people who suck really kills it.

VH along with AN are the two “easy-mode” instances to farm badges with if you only have 45min.

I can totally see Andrew’s point about pugging it, though. VH and Strat are both rough from that perspective, to be sure.

Although when you’re overgeared to the point that you can heal a ret pally in full DPS mode through H VH, it’s a little easier to take pugs through it. (We had an actual tank, but good lord was he terrible.)

it’s even less for VH… I’ve timed it. it’s a little over 22 minutes.

UK is much easier than AN, and takes 30 minutes if you chain pull (if you can complete AN at all then you can chain pull UK).

It’s line of sight to his spheres. If you have FRAPS or a similar video capture program, run it next time and I’ll tell you what you’re doing wrong.

To be clear: you need to keep him out of line of sight. If he’s in line of sight he’ll cast the teleport.

Is it LOS to one sphere, or all three?

I think rei means how fast the instance can be ran.

I think all the heroic can be ran in less than 25 minutes, but VH and AN is definitely super short if your group knows how to play.

For badge farming I definitely have to say Nexus/Gundrak is probably the best.

as a single target pally healer 1st boss of gundrak frustrated me to no end until i got a regular group that outdpsed his poison nova as well as the top-of-the-ramps trick.

nexus takes too long 30-45min+

45min for both instances.

you can do COT for 5 badges, that’s less than 22 minutes.

I have 4 man timed COT, it’s really not that hard now.

I just hate AN’s last boss, because the fight is unnecessary long due to burrowing. 2nd boss in AN is easy though.

-ran a rogue or mage down where hadronx is at.
-Vanish or invis
-Everything reset, and walk your entire group down to hadronax and kill it. get achievement!!

I don’t know for sure. I keep him out of line of sight, period. That’s why we kite him across the balcony. By the time they are on the balcony itself you should be around the bend from them and safe from any teleport issues altogether (the rail on the balcony acts like a wall between you and the spheres).

If I can get a group together I’ll FRAPS it for you but I don’t have a lot of patience for pugs so no promises. :|

Remember that the first 2 bosses there are random so you might have to run a lot of Pugs… ;)

No, no, that’s not how it works. If it’s a guild group, we get the easy bosses. If it’s a pug, we get Xevozz and I have to type out instructions quickly and hope that at the very least the healer isn’t bad.

QFMFT.

I’m the usual healer, and can say that jeffd is a friggin magnet for Xevozz, while I am a magnet for Hunters in L4D.

You have a good point here. :)

There’s a great trick I found for this guy, without doing any LOS shenanigans. If you Bacon yourself, and have melee that know when to get the hell out, makes it a lot easier.