WoW - The Free 10-Day Trial Invite Thread

Maybe they don’t want to deal with getting the bandwidth to make it happen? I mean, they are using Bit Torrent to distribute the tiny patches and used FilePlanet to do the stress test client… :P

With some tricks you can.

I was in three days after launch and my account is still active. So…

Well, Ragnar ask HRose how he did his account mojo cause I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t like an extra month free. ;)

it’s been pointed out before, and it’ll be pointed out again: if they charged $30 for: a download of the game, a pdf of the manual, a retail key, the “one month free”, but no retail box, then there’s no loss to them at all. they wouldn’t be out the costs of cd duplication, manual/box printing, packaging, etc. how much of that $30 retail box sale do they actually see, once all those other costs get figured in? they make less that route than they would selling a download directly.

still, they don’t do it.[/quote]

They can’t undercut the retail market. Well, they could, but they would risk the retail market responding by dropping the title.

It’s one of the problems with direct downloads vs. retail versions. As a consumer I expect to see savings if the middle-man is eliminated and I’m buying a digitial version instead of the boxed version, but I don’t get any savings. That part of all this kind of sucks.

That was not what the “steam debacle” was… and Vivendi owns Blizzard, but not to get into that, it is a seperate issue.

Vivendi currently has a store, just no digital downloads. Not much of a stretch from online store to if not letting me download the game, at least let me activate my trial account to a full account online.

Chet[/quote]

They should probably do that, but they’d still have to charge you the MSRP.

They’ve generated four million sales via the retail sector. They’re not going to piss on that.

I’d have no problem acquring a game by other means, and then just paying the basic price for a key.

With some tricks you can.

I was in three days after launch and my account is still active. So…[/quote]

Same here… If I recall correctly I entered billing details as my UK street address and then entered USA as country and a zipcode - only the street address is actually used for the credit card authentication.

I guess it could have changed now, but I’ve had a US account on my UK card since the first week the game came out and it’s still fine.

I bought the game and now have a 10-day pass for someone. If you’re interested, PM me.

EDIT: Key was claimed.

YGPM!

Uh oh… I gave you the key… does that mean I get a free 30 days now? :shock:

Just when I think I’m out…

first come first serve for mine (just got married so likely wont be on to check PMs and such)

4VNTHZ9J8NDF8DMPNFTCRZF6W8

I have one as well if anyone needs.

BBJHTEKMPKJPTDEGP8DCVBHJ26

I also have a trial key. PM me if you’re interested.

Yes, me too.

R2JB9D9TMDHRY4PFC476CFMZJR

Yes, me too.

R2JB9D9TMDHRY4PFC476CFMZJR

Anyone else have a trial key they’re willing to part with?

Anyone at all?

Sent you mine Tombstone.