WoW: The Half-Past Five thread - SERVER MOVE UPDATE

Awesome, good to see so many lower-level folks. I have a couple low-level alts that I’ll try and join with.

Speaking of which: if you log in and everyone on is higher level, it doesn’t hurt to say “I’m thinking of doing Deadmines” (or whatever) “anyone want to come along?” I’ve often seen people park a higher-level main and log on a lower-level alt to team up on fun questing/instances. Of course, people may say “Sorry, we’re all PvPing” or “We’re doing Blackrock” or whatever. But it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Hey all – I’ve got my dwarven warrior up to level 11 – his name is Fluellen – he does pretty well at everything except navigating Ironforge… the lag in there is astounding. Do any of the other capitols do better?

All the other capitals are much better. Ironforge is the only Alliance city with an Auction House, so it attracts a lot of people–which then kind of snowballs (e.g., because it has more people due to the AH, that’s where everyone goes to look for groups, or sell their enchantments, or a hundred other things). And then because of THAT, most people keep their hearthstone tied to IF for the entire lives of their characters, which means that all their mundane selling, banking, repairing, and purchasing is done in IF. Everyone spends a lot of their time there, so the place is just way overcrowded. Blizz keeps saying they’re going to put AHs in all the major cities, but at this point, I think IF has so burned itself into everyone’s habit as “the place to go to find people, stuff, buyers, etc.” that it’s stuck that way forever.

One easy thing you can do that makes Ironforge a bit more tolerable is turn off character names/guildtags in one of the Options settings. This reduced the lag a bit.

A second easy, if somewhat more expensive, option is to get a gig of memory if you don’t already have it. That improved my WoW playing experience tremendously.

Welcome to all the new folks, and feel free to ask me (Lumare) for a guild invite if I’m on. I’m thinking of starting a rogue alt once I get to lev 55; like Rywill said, we should have plenty of alts that can group or do instances with lower-level folks.

Sidd, what’s your character name? I’ve added everyone to my friends list that I’ve seen is QT3er, but so far no one is on.

I’ll be bringing two buds along with me, so it should be good times!

Kunikos the Human Mage is just shy of level 7 now…

Sidd is Lumare, everyone’s favorite Druid. I was just on for a bit (got Andrew in but must have missed his buddies). I’m on my alt (Dolthas) at least as much as my main (Cairn) nowadays, so folks should watch for that name too.

I hit 10th level and decided to go skinning and tailoring…

If you folks need some armor crafted I can help in that area. If ya mail me (Haymish) the mats I can make almost any piece of armor.

My 16 warrior (Andar) really needs a decent piece of chest armor. He’s been unlucky with the drops and his blacksmithing skill is not high enough to make anything decent (didn’t spend enough time working on any of his professions, apparently).

Because I’m new to WoW, I don’t know what materials I would need to send though, so post here or mail me in-game with what you would need. I have a decent stockpile of silver and bronze in the bank as well as assorted gems that look useful for crafting - malachite, tiger’s eye, etc.

Thottbot.com, you go there and you can get full lists of all the recipies for all the professions. ^_^

I’ve been out of town at a conference pretty much all week, but will be back this weekend. Are folks up for some instance runs? I’ve got a 60 who could use some time in BRD/Strat/Scholo, and a 28 who needs the Stockades. Anyone up for any of that stuff?

I admit that I logged my lvl 44 on Blackrock on and have only been playing that character… lol

so much for joinin HPF.

The HPF webiste is back up, now with a news page and screenshot. My plan is to use that site to update HPF news rather than posting here all the time, so as not to annoy people who are done and more than done with WoW. Thanks to Nik “Saturnik” Billings for setting the whole thing up, including our new Ventrilo server.

Also, we’re running BRD tonight for those who’d like to tag along.

I may consider a new character on Frostwolf in the coming week or so.

I’m planning on hitting 40 with my main before the free month is up (Friday). After I get that milestone, I think I want to take a short break from the Horde and see what the Alliance has to offer me.

Yes, that’s right. I’m still on my free month and almost to 40. I’m such a LOSER!

Are you guys into the whole PvP scene, or more about instances?

Both, although we’re a small guild, so in both cases it’s more small-group stuff than massive raids. Yesterday we spent most of the evening with a small group tearing around the Plaguelands, because that’s what people wanted to do. I think we only have like 8-10 people over 50, so we can’t mount massive PvP raids or do the raid instances (at least, not without hooking up with another guild or something).

Half Past Five now offering tours of Molten Core. In the wee hours of the morning we took a quick peak inside, saw a group of 62 elites, and quickly left. All we need now are 30 other people to go in with us!

Duality, I’m pushing towards 20 (16 now), so let Alfpeyent know when you’re ready.

Will do. Cracked 39 last night and will try for 40 in the next few days. After I get tired of riding around on my wolfie, I’ll stop by for a few levels. :)