WoW Tier3 - Requires Materials

My guild was burned out after 1 year of non stop raiding so half the players took a break or quit, and the others signed up for other guilds of remained in the not-quite-so-hardcore guild.

Kinda sucks to have ‘worked’ for one year to become the 2nd ‘best’ guild on the server and then disband. No chance of getting Tier 3 equipments now.

From the material requirements I guess I’ll have to start making mooncloth again. 1.5 months until I will have enough mooncloth for the warlock set.

Wonder if I can get the WArtorn Chain Scraps from EPL Mobs, or only inside the instance, in which case it will be – tough shit.

After months of raiding MC, the gloves of prophecy have never dropped once for our guild. I ended up getting the non-set gloves off Razorgore in BWL. So, I acutally like a system similar to the quest based items already in the game for ZG/AQ. As a priest, all the required materials for the Tier 3 set are easy to come by, and if the needed drops from Naxx are common items shared between the classes I will be even more happy. I would rather farm items that I know I will eventually get, rather than rely on a horrible “random” loot table like MC/BWL.

Word.

I could probably buy all those mats for two characters worth now, and I think I might.

SPECULATORS… MOUNT UP!

I have a lv 10 that could buy all that (or give the money to my main, who can actually use it).
But will the entire set be purchaseable or is there some raid grindy thing, that needs to be done first?

Edit: The bosses drop the desecrated stuff but it’s not class dependant it seems.

Not to you, but they are to a lot of people. I mean, rearead that post of Gary’s again. I literally laughed at my monitor when I read that, but Gary is absolutely serious. That’s how different the types of people who play WoW can be. Some can’t fathom that sort of grind, but to other people it’s a sign of accomplishment or dedication or playing the game to its fullest potential. The devs are just trying to cater to both groups (to me it feels like they cater more to the hardcore than the casuals, but that may just be my perception – or maybe it’s easier to design a super-hard 40-man dungeon than three five-man dungeons, sort of a “bang for the buck” thing).

Seriously. That’s the first though that crossed my mind as well. Free market FTW.

Wait… What? I would have bet money that he was parodying the WoW uber-hardcore types, and their completley illogical hatred of player enjoyment. He was serious?

Chaos? WTF? Why would there be chaos? Would the whines of the hardcore cause server instability? From what I’ve seen, WoW is one of the most static MMORPGs in exisitence. How the hell would it affect anyone if there was one more person with a tier n shiny thing? Granted, it will make the e-penis measuring competitions a little bit more boring, but so what?

I could see if from a Battlegrounds perspective. It will be much harder if everyone has a shiny when they fight. But frankly, my response to that would be to suck it up, buttercup. Try using skill instead of the fact you’re willing to stare at a computer longer than the next guy.

A T2 Epiced player might have twice the health/mana on a non epic equiped character in pvp.

Course, there is no PvP in WOW after Battlegrounds/Honour anyway.

My bigger issue is I don’t like the stats on Tier 3 equipment one bit. I’m a paladin, not a priest. Every blasted item in the set is some combo of +stamina, +intellect, +mana regen, +healing, +spell crit.

There are zero options here in terms of how I’d like to play aside from “don’t get the set”. No thanks. If it was worth having (to me) the components wouldn’t be that big a deal. Heck, I’m level 59 and probably have 30 arcanite bars already (used a few the other day, so not positive). But this stuff?

No thanks, I’ll stick to Tier 1 or 2. And if that means I can’t do insert name of instance here that’s just fine with me.

But dude, you’ll totally need all that int/mana/healing if you want to raid heal your way to Tier 4! Don’t you know anything?

You could always go for the PVP Rank 14 set.

Which would either require you to be on a ‘lucky’ server or to spend 24/7 playing tag-team on one character…

Of course I’d love it if there were more casual stuff to do post-60, but I understand that the casual game has to end at some point, and if it’s not 60 (or 70 after the expansion), it’ll be somehwere else. At some point I have to either start an alt or stop playing. It takes a long time to get to 60 in WoW and I definitely feel I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of it (fifty times over, probably). It doesn’t last forever, though.

This is my attitude as well, although unlike you there is a part of me that is tempted to get sucked into the raid game. Either way the game provided me enough hours of entertainment (to vastly understate it) that I have little to complain about.

It’s because Paladins are amazing healers. And all those stats are amazing for a Paladin in a raiding guild. I know you’re level 59, but if you’re planning on dpsing your way to Tier 2, I’ve got some bad news for you

Yup. Our pallies are pretty much drooling at the Tier 3 set. It seems to be a really, really nice boost all-around for them.

Why don’t you just call 'em clerics, eh?

Clerics cant Bubble-recall.

That’s all?

Isn’t that what epic mounts cost?

Not to mention that the kinds of high-end raiding guilds that already have their Tier 2 gear and are going go to be going after Tier 3 stuff will probably have some of those materials already.

And I think the key thing here is that you don’t need to save up all that money at once. You get the pieces one at a time (for probably 150-200g in materials each), and if the component armor pieces aren’t too hard to find, you get them in the ORDER you want. Which is where I think they’ve done a great job. No more trying over and over to get just the drop you’re missing.

if the component armor pieces aren’t too hard to find, you get them in the ORDER you want.

That’s not how it works. Boss 1 in Naxx will drop something like Desecrated Shoulderpads, which can be turned in for – you guessed it – your class’s tier 3 shoulders. Boss 2 will drop Desecrated Boots, Boss 3 will drop Desecreated Gloves, and so on.

Since Naxx is divided into wings, I suspect that the last boss of each wing will drop the quest item needed for either the Helm, Chest, and Pants.