WOW Under Development page updated

Looks good!

Lorini

Awesome! Warriors should be happy (or less grumpy) with the fix. I hope they fix a bunch of the really irritating Hunter bugs (Aspect of the Hawk, Pet speed)

And a new dungeon!

Yay

Wow, I can almost stop using Cosmos now…

[quote=“Equis”]

Yay[/quote]

I’m psyched about this too. I just reached cat form two days ago. I really like the druid (but I hate playing on a PvE server).

What do people think of the chat bubbles? Do they add anything to the game? Or will they just mess up targeting?

Yay[/quote]

I’m psyched about this too. I just reached cat form two days ago. I really like the druid (but I hate playing on a PvE server).

What do people think of the chat bubbles? Do they add anything to the game? Or will they just mess up targeting?[/quote]

FWIW, cat form damage has no issues until you get dire bear at the least, really, so I’d expect the DPS upgrade will come in the form of changing later level skills. Though I could be surprised I guess.

I like the chat bubbles because I normally have enough things going on that I can’t be watching chat scroll by. I hope it’s selectable so that you can, for instance, have only group or raid use chat bubbles.

Haha shit mage gear is gonna change something FIERCE.

so, mages are going to get normal mana regen all the time now. that’s very nice, but i’m still not sure that it makes up for the fact that cloth is typically spirit-focused and spirit has very little impact on mana regen.

i hope the casting cost is low. i already blow through a big chunk of mana to buff every 30 minutes.

4 new action bars totaling 48 action slots

Quest tracker

Wow, they finally broke down. Now if they’d just add map notes, Cosmos is going bye bye.

You mean the few people who do not use “of the eagle items” will suddenly be competing with the rest of us?

My mage is only 12, but a question: I thought the problem with Spirit was that it was useless because mana regen in combat was slowed down so much that it didn’t matter. If you can now regen mana during combat normally, don’t +Spirit items naturally become a lot more useful? I read that as what Blizzard was saying.

I don’t get exactly what the Quest Tracker does…
(I thought the quest log was already fine as it was…)

It’s just a way to have a quick summary of what you need to do available.
I find it more convenient to have “Dreadlord Summoner 2/10” on my screen while I’m doing a “Kill some Dreadlords” quest than to have to bring up my quest screen every couple of kills.

My mage is only 12, but a question: I thought the problem with Spirit was that it was useless because mana regen in combat was slowed down so much that it didn’t matter. If you can now regen mana during combat normally, don’t +Spirit items naturally become a lot more useful? I read that as what Blizzard was saying.[/quote]

They do become more useful, but probably not by a lot. Regeneration of both health and mana is too slow to matter in most battles, and between battles you can eat/drink your conjured items as mage.

I think the bigger question for the Mage Armor is will it stack with ice armor?

There are still a lot of little features in Cosmos that I really find enhance the game for me. The lockbar (gotta shift click to drag anything from a toolbar) prevents me from accidentally deleting a spell button in mid-combat, the reagent helper lets me see on mouseover what professions use a given item, and even the clock helps remind me that I have to sleep occasionally. Buff timers are also extremely useful.

Also, isn’t the ability to drag some of the previously permanently-docked windows a Cosmos feature? That’s always useful. I’m sure I could come up with a half dozen other features that I wouldn’t want to be without. The big one will always be mapnotes, and it would be nice to see Blizzard absorb the best ideas from the UI mod community to refine the core interface.

I expect that I will continue to view Cosmos as an essential part of my WoW experience for a long while yet, but the idea of my UI not breaking everytime Blizzard makes a patch is appealing too.

My biggest concern playing a mage is what level will the Mage Armor spell be available? It’ll be great if it’s at 10, awful if it’s at 58 :). I hope they give more info soon.

Lorini

Regeneration of mana in battle is just fine if you’re not constantly casting. It takes me about 5s to regen enough for a decent heal (350 or so) as a druid at level 45. That’s a nuke for a mage.

What sucks is having to have waited 5s since the last cast to do so, if your only way of really interacting with things is through spells. This will remove that problem from mages, who (along with priests) are the most heavily hit by the 5s rule. (I don’t really notice it much at all on my druid, because if I get low on mana I can shift and still do something useful while mana regens.)

It’s just a way to have a quick summary of what you need to do available.
I find it more convenient to have “Dreadlord Summoner 2/10” on my screen while I’m doing a “Kill some Dreadlords” quest than to have to bring up my quest screen every couple of kills.[/quote]
I think it’s also nice to have the stuff pop up when you enter the zone. “Oh, yeah, this is where I have a quest to do X.” Without having to flip through your whole log every time you go to a zone. That’s true times 100 if the quest tracker will keep track of quest STEP locations. One problem with the log right now is that if I meet Prospector Nosepicker in Ironforge, and he tells me to kill 10 Doom Boogers in the Blasted Lands, the quest shows up under “Ironforge” with no hint (unless I click on it and read the text) that it directs me to Blasted Lands. So when I go to the Blasted Lands, I have to look at all 20 quests in my joural to see if they tell me to do anything in the Blasted Lands. My hope is that this quest tracker will pop stuff up whenever you’re in the right zone. So I’d walk into BL and all the sudden “Nosepicker’s Finger 0/10” will pop up, prompting me to go look at that quest in my log.

So I tried to install Cosmos for the first time this morning, but when I entered the game I was immediately greeted with a message telling me that my “Interface” folder was out of date and that I had to delete it or exit the game. I had everything in the right diretory as far as I know (/interface/addon/ I think).

So, WTF? Did I have an old version of Cosmos?