Wrath of Man (Guy Ritchie) - Jason Statham has a particular set of skills

If you don’t want spoilers, you probably shouldn’t watch this trailer. It feels like it pretty much reveals everything but what I assume will be a twist of some sort at the end.

In Wrath of Man, Jason Statham stars as a new cash truck security guard who surprises his coworkers during a heist in which he unexpectedly unleashes precision skills. The marksman’s ultimate motive becomes clear as he takes dramatic and irrevocable steps to settle a score.

The film also stars Holt McCallany, Jeffrey Donovan, Josh Hartnett, Laz Alonzo, Raúl Castillo, Deobia Oparei with Eddie Marsan and Scott Eastwood.

Wrath of Man arrives in theaters on May 7, 2021.

Great to see Holt McCallany in more stuff! His Bill Tench in Mindhunter was awesome. I was pretty surprised when I rewatched Fight Club recently and saw he was in that, too.

Statham you say? I’m there.

Is one of them acting?

His name is Robert Paulson.

Bob Stephenson was the real standout bit part in that movie for me. He would later go on to love green tea lattes after Dougie Jones drank his coffee.

I’m sure I will watch this…on tv, some day.

His skill in acting is… particular.

Crank 2 is the best action movie ever FIGHT ME.

I will grant you that it was hilariously stupid.

Yeah, kinda what I meant by “Best.” Most insane, over-the-top, glorious mess there ever was.

I preferred the first one for a number of reasons, but the answering machine bit was probably the funniest callback I have ever seen.

Best way to put it.

I hate seeing the stud protag walking into a room and casually pointing a pistol at multiple dudes and killing them without even really looking at them, never stopping, sure he’s not just hit them with his semi blind shot but also sure that the one shot he fired is also instantly fatal.

And it does look like there’s some secret from Jason Statham’s past that will ultimately be revealed.

Well, I did go see it at the movies tonight. I felt like seeing a movie so this was it by default. It’s $5 movie night.

It was mediocre. I should have waited to see it on tv.

Told you so… as did you ;-)

I know, I know. I just felt like getting out and Tuesdays the local cinema is $5. Plus, it’s a Guy Ritchie film and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, both with Jason Statham, are two of my favorite films.

They should have called this one Take the Money and Run because I’m sure that’s what Ritchie and Statham did.

Really? I tend to like Guy Ritchie films - did he mail it in?

It felt like it was a slight effort. It certainly didn’t have the elaborate plotting Lock, Stock and Snatch had.

Fair enough, those are indeed good films!

I liked this but the epilogue/last chapter didn’t flow well with the rest of the movie.

Guy Ritchie and Jason Statham really don’t do slow burns. Yet here they are, in Wrath of Man, trying to do slow burns. Ugh.

I did like Jeffrey Donovan a lot. Dude was fascinating in Sicario. In fact, I like to think Sicario was the origins story for his Wrath of Man character.

-Tom

Yeah it sort of fumbles the end after the first 2-3 titled chapters.