WRC vesus Dirt?

At least on the PS5 I had a lot of issues with Generations and the sound. I ended up giving up. Essentially some of the sounds don’t come out correctly and I don’t think they are going to fix it. Not sure if the same issue happens in the PC version.

The new CM game is also an EA game now, so I’ll be watching to see if any of their monetisation habits sneak in.

EA has the amazing ability to suck the soul out of any game so I’m certainly on the wait and see side. I still get suckered into buying a sports game here and there and then walk away pretty much right away as it just feels like the game was made in a board meeting and not by people that give a crap.

Well, here’s the leaker:

Dirt Rally 2.0 had 2 Seasons. Seasons 1-5 sounds… ambitious? I wonder what a WRC+ subscription is? I guess access to the actual rally thing in real life.

For DiRT Rally 2.0 I stayed away from buying seasons in advance and bought the content I wanted slowly, but then ended up getting the seasons anyway once they went on deep sale. In the end, it was worth it, at least for that game.

There’s a documentary I just saw on Prime Video called Rallying - The Killing Years. 53 minutes long from BBC in 2012 about Group B rallying. Highly recommended to players of Dirt Rally. Man, I can’t believe all this was happening in the 80s and I never heard about it until 2023. It has to be seen to be believed. Also, my preference in driving the Delta S4 is both reinforced in the doc, and also repudiated. Reinforced because it was hands down the best car. Repudiated because in real life it was a death trap, with the driver and codriver sitting on two fuel tanks. Just crazy.

It’s a subscription to WRC’s own streaming service, yeah. I think they’ve offered it before with the prior WRC games so I imagine it’s an agreement built into the license.

This game is in a curious spot. Dirt Rally and 2.0 were both brilliant and Codemasters are an elite racing game studio, but with EA’s grubby hands on things who knows. I’m also curious if being a licensed game is actually a benefit to what 2.0 was? I actually thought having the free reign to be just, ya know, a great racing videogame actually helped the first 2 Dirt Rally games. It didn’t feel like anything was held back by having to adhere to the sometimes limiting nature of an official license. You’d assume the license will dictate things like UI and visual appearance, car and track selection, maybe even modes? Maybe there will be enhancements too (2.0 could have done with a better single player career) but it’s just a thought on how it might play out.

Giving Codies the WRC license SHOULD be a plug-and-play home run, but after so long waiting since Codies acquired the license and then getting bought by EA, I just want to see the game now.

Yeah, Dirt Rally 2.0 was pretty much perfect the way it was.

What I’m hoping the WRC license has forced them to do:

• Add all locations, so now they have to have tracks in all the countries where they didn’t before

What I’m hoping the WRC license doesn’t force them to do:

• Get rid of classic 60s/70s/80s/modern formatting. I personally loved that way of doing things.

I second the recommendation for Rallying- the Killer Years.

If the title does not give you a hint, its got some gruesome stuff. And the crowds getting right up to the cars is insane!

Kinda like watching one of the documentaries regarding F1 from say mid 60s to mid 70s when they were loosing multiple drivers per year.

Not sure if you guys have heard of these cool new things on the internet called links, but check it out!

Queued!

:)

The latest rumors about WRC 23.

It’s in French, but google can translate the page for you.

Arrrgh, so tired of just reading rumors. If they were really releasing in November, wouldn’t they have announced already? EA’s first WRC game will be out this November, it’s claimed | VGC