WTF is up with Amazon Prime lately?

Started end of last year, IIRC in LA and NYC.

And through the USPS of all places.

EDIT: more info

A couple of months ago. The USPS is doing Sunday deliveries for Amazon now. I just had a few packages dropped off yesterday as a matter of fact.

I like it (though I was content without it) and hopefully it is a win-win for Amazon and the USPS.

That is my thinking as well. The convenience factor may end up winning out, but it hasn’t yet blown me away like Subscribe & Save or Prime itself yet.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to move to Florida.

Yep :(

I am unable to read the phrase “I picked the wrong time…” without thinking of Airplane.

I’d there was a state where the sniffing glue portion also applied, it would probably be Florida…

Yes I have been getting a lot of prime stuff on Sunday.

Around Nov 2013 most stuff has been USPS rather than ups.

I am in New York.

Crap, I forgot to order some stuff last night.

Sales tax in Florida starts today.:(

But you’ve been self reporting all of that on your taxes before right?

Recently I received a package a day late from prime. Kinda PO’d about it, as I do pay a premium for this service. 2 day shipping is 2 days, not 3.

I’ve tried to argue that with Amazon once or twice. Their official policy is that it’s 2 day from when it SHIPS, and NOT guaranteed within 2 days from order despite what the “order by x to get it by y” dialogs say. I’ve gotten a few bucks back once or twice this way, but they are very stingy and IMO hardly worth the effort.

Diego

Thanks for the heads up, It was ordered thursday, and showed up tuesday. Late thursday though, so I can only assume it was seen friday, but according to Amazon it shipped saturday. Why the 1 day lag?

I actually celebrated a bit when I placed my first order with Amazon after they started charging sales tax here earlier this year. One less thing I need to deal with at tax time. Amazon made up the largest portion of online purchases with no sales tax charged (and therefore required filing for use tax) for us easily.

Man, I sure hope Oregon never adopts that sales tax BS.

What’s more annoying: Those dialogs are different if you’re looking at the product (“Want it in one day? Order in the next 52 minutes and 11 seconds!”) and looking at the shopping cart (“Want it in one day? Order it like five days ago, dummy”).

I don’t know whats up with my Prime lately, my last 4 deliveries have been here within a day. And I select 2 day free prime shipping. I even go on to check the amazon site, and it says its set for delivery tomorrow. :D

It’s a tradeoff, I’m guessing you do have state income tax…

Of course we do, which is as it should be. Income taxes are (or at least can be) progressive. All kinds of studies have shown that state sales taxes are in practice disproportionately burdensome to lower income people, while the wealthy make out like bandits (which is why they’re always pushing them here in Oregon). Luckily we Oregonians are too smart for their bullshit. We’ve rejected a state sales tax at the ballot box something like nine times since the 1930s by overwhelming margins, and may it ever be so. F*ck that regressive BS.

Oh, and another thing I hate about it: the stupid little “guess the real price” game you have to play when you buy almost ANYTHING.

I actually looked up Oregon’s tax structure when you mentioned the lack of sales tax. You’ve got a significant income tax, 10% in the top bracket, but in its own way that’s no worse than the 5% income tax / 5% sales tax we have in Massachusetts. Property taxes are higher, but you probably pay less property tax overall since housing prices aren’t as ridiculous as they are here in the Boston area.

Heh. NC has a pretty hefty income and sales tax. Not as bad as TN’s sales tax, mind you (Gotta say, making 24k a year to support two people, one of whom was in school full-time, and then losing 10% off the top of everything I bought was pretty fucking maddening), but still pretty obnoxious.

On a similar note, NC now collects sales tax on Amazon sales, so huzzah -.-