WTF is up with Amazon Prime lately?

I will join you!
(I bought a bunch of crap from amazon today)

On a positive note, for the last year or so Amazon has been shipping my stuff via weird delivery companies (Lasership and things like that, ie, not UPS or Fedex) that would sometimes take 3 days instead of 2 to get to me (somehow they justified it as “oh we didn’t really process your order til first thing the next day”); in the last week everything I’ve ordered they have started shipping UPS 2 day air. So that was nice of them.

Prime Instant Video has every episode of The Wire. I’ve been binge-watching it the last few weekends (just a tiny bit late to the party). That alone has been worth this year’s fee :)

Oh yeah, if you’ve never watched The Sopranos or The Wire, Prime is worth it for long enough to catch up on HBO’s back catalog alone.

Or at least it was. Now it may be cheaper to watch those via HBO Now, depending on how fast you binge, and of course HBO Now also offers all their current stuff too.

Poking around tonight I noticed that a bunch of Beatles albums are free on Prime now - Merry Christmas from Amazon! This is probably better that the time emusic.com got the Stones albums for a while.

Now they just need to get the rest of the Built to Spill albums on Prime!

The remaining Beatles allowed their music to be on streaming services starting on, I believe, Dec. 24. This allowed me to get a bunch of great music to listen to on my way to Christmas dinner at a friend’s home. In the vehicle with me:

The wife-likes the Beatles.
My mom-80 something years old, likes the Beatles.
My daughter in law and her wife-NEVER HEARD OF THE BEATLES!

The bleeding what? How are you even human if you have never heard of the most famous group of all time? They must be lizards or something.

And when you played the music, did they react with appropriate awe and wonder? They better have! ;)

My daughter in law and her wife-NEVER HEARD OF THE BEATLES!

Isn’t the wife of your daughter in law… Your daughter?

RichVR lives in Florida. Things don’t work the same there as in this dimension.

Its the new generation, I have a poster of Led Zeppelin in my office and this little snot nose kid, goes hey cool picture of the Beatles, I Lost it!

He refuses to acknowledge her as his blood given her lack of Beatle awareness.

Another possibility is that his son has an open marriage and the woman in question is actually his son’s wife-in-law.

Or Rich has such disdain for his son for not ever hearing about The Beatles, that he now refers to him, in an old-school gender-based dig, as his “daughter-in-law’s wife”.

Prime now is magical. Had an issue with my RAM, ordered two sticks, delivered in less than an hour, was up and running to join the next Dota game with my friends.

They have Prime Now in Nigeria!?

I’m guessing that MattN, after listing his location as Los Angeles while in Nigeria, now lists his location as Nigeria while in Los Angeles.

That said, I got a same day order 12/24 in time to put under the tree. AWESOME!

Yeah, Amazon’s distribution network is absolutely insane at this point.

I wish Portland were one of those Prime Now cities. Usually I can wait a couple of days, but sometimes I want my stuff NAO.

My mistake. I meant my step daughter. Who is married to a woman. Both of whom are still musically lacking.

It is! (as of a month or two ago)

EDIT: August apparently

This confusion is why gay marriage should never have been allowed!

Wow, psyched to learn this!