WTF is up with Amazon Prime lately?

My addiction, I mean habit of buying board games like it’s a record collection, my subscription to handyman magazine, which i never do the project but use as an idea springboard, and the purchase of gorilla glue and golf-tees to fix closet hinges, I can see where a software program might get confused, except you’d think it would be balanced out with my Venus Blades, Clarisonic brush and Disney movies … or the fact I’ve been buying from them for omg it’s almost twenty years I’ve been buying from them. Heh, forget Facebook scrubbing info, Amazon probably knows every brand preference I have, backed by actual proof of purchase.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Prime going up to $119/year.

Up to 10 a month now huh… who am I kidding, I’ll still do it. I get more than 20 dollars in digital rewards as it is.

It basically makes sense as that’s what they were charging monthly subscribers. No more saving if you opt for the annual subscription.

The monthly rate is $12.99 per month. The $119 annual plan is still a better deal.

Monthly subscribers were bumped up to $12.99/month earlier this year, so yearly at $120 is still better.

Edit: Beaten by Telefrog, AND for some reason the help module about the earlier price increase doesn’t show up due to the Qt3 tag.

I’m debating ditching Amazon, if it’s even possible. I don’t care about the Prime price hike.

The more I read about their warehouse labor practices, the worse I feel about supporting them.

I’m dipping my toes into Google Express, and maybe subscribing to Hulu instead of watching Amazon Prime.

I download at least that much in free music in a year.

I know about this too but who would you use instead… Wal-mart? You can feel the employee resentment there just walking through the store. Did you know ToyRUS was known for practically strip searching their employees as they lerft? Costco treats their employees well but they’re not known for treating their delivery trucks well… i feel like the options in retail/e-tail for physical goods is… limited.

One thing I found out from a friend about Google Express is you don’t get the stores return policy. So if you order from Target on Google Express, they don’t even have a record of your order. You have to go through Express for any issues is what i was told.

I would pay $1000 for a lifetime membership

I purposefully order as many items as I can, one at a time, so they have to send out more boxes. They make zero profit off my prime membership.

Please tell me your joking. What a waste or resources.

Because you and Amazon are competitors or you have a lot of delivery truck driver friends you’re trying to help? Or is it out of pure spite or anger at corporate America? Clearly, doing that doesn’t give you any direct gain (unless you’re reselling those boxes or something) or extract any more real benefit for the prime membership that you’re paying.

I don’t understand why you’re doing the equivalent of using up all the toilet paper in the public bathroom, just because you can. Seems like a bad thing, based on the environmental impact alone.

I should have made note before coating myself in fuel and waiting for the matches to get tossed that I average 3 (nope I checked) 5 items per month. :p

Also as @Stepsongrapes brought it up, I do re-use the small boxes , by giving them to a friend’s wife for her home hair bows for kids business. So no real waste is happening.

There’s still all the fuel, exhaust, etc. Again, why are you doing it? Just to get those small boxes for the wife’s friend? It can’t be just that.

To me, this is just a sort of tragedy of the commons in the commercial space, similar to the folks who abuse the Costco return policy. At some point, admittedly perhaps infinitesimally, you’re hurting every other Amazon user, because costs always get passed on to the customers, to the extent companies can do it. I can at least understand the Costco abusers because they are personally gaining by the bad practice. Here, there isn’t even a meaningful gain for the behavior.

Are you saying I should wait the entire month for what I want/need and then order it all at once?

I think that spigot got turned off lately. Now I think you can only stream for free. Sucks for me, as I’ve been paying the extra $25/year to host all of my music in the cloud and stream my own music from there. My amazon purchases with auto-rip will still get added, but anything else won’t.

There’s a very big difference between waiting and doing what you said: