WTF is up with Amazon Prime lately?

At least it didn’t say March 32.

In the last year, I’ve gotten quite a few of those. Usually on items expected in two days. After a few days, I would try to cancel and be told to wait a little longer.

The bad news is that it was supposed to go through the port of Baltimore… /s

There’s a bridge blocking the way probably. They don’t have a custom message for that.

You know… I was wondering lol

Just Walk Out is dead. To be replaced with a smart shopping cart.

It turns out the sophisticated machine learning that was watching you was really an army of contractors in India
https://www.theinformation.com/articles/how-amazons-big-bet-on-just-walk-out-stumbled?rc=5xvgzc

Just over half of Amazon Fresh stores are equipped with Just Walk Out. The technology allows customers to skip checkout altogether by scanning a QR code when they enter the store. Though it seemed completely automated, Just Walk Out relied on more than 1,000 people in India watching and labeling videos to ensure accurate checkouts. The cashiers were simply moved off-site, and they watched you as you shopped.

Amazon spokesperson Carly Golden said the company heard from customers who enjoy skipping the checkout line but also wanted to view their receipts and savings as they shopped.

Ah, they must have watched the SNL sketch

Indian Digital Turks