WTF NVidia????? Login now required in GeForce Experience

The worst thing about it all is that most consumers couldn’t care less.
Until they do, and by then it will be too late, or they wont notice any negative impact from it at all.

“Its not the nvidia we want, but the one we deserve.”

They canceled GPP, probably finally realizing what a field day at least European competition regulators would have had with this. But the spin is hilarious. One sentence on them canceling it, 5 paragraphs about what an awesome idea it was, and how their partners really loved it.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/

This sort of shenanigan never survives the light of day. Once it leaked, it was dead.

I’m glad it’s cancelled? It was a dumb move, but IMHO meant absolutely nothing. I can’t imagine any customer actually familiar w/ the Asus ROG sub-brand doesn’t know exactly what part they’re buying. Who ever bought a ROG brand part not knowing the underlying tech, because it was branded ROG? That’s a made up class of PC consumers. People bought parts they wanted and they were branded ROG. Had to be called something.

I can’t imagine any harm to AMD if Asus started selling their parts under the Asus Society Of Gamers brand. SOG 4 life, yo.

What a meaningless bit of negative publicity Nvidia brought down on themselves.

I really wanted Vega to be a worthwhile competitor, and affordable, but now it’s all just waiting out the miners.

You’re right about the initial effect, but when you think about it, this is a GPU manufacturer dictating how their IHVs can market their hardware, and using their dominance in the space to shoulder out the competition. That’s icky.

Isnt it similar to the “Intel Inside” branding?

Not at all. Intel Inside is Intel’s brand. If you sold a computer with an Intel CPU, you used their brand. This is different, this is Nvidia telling independent hardware vendors how to use their brands. Asus put a lot of effort into building the admittedly terribly named “Republic of Gamers” brand over the years and now it’s Nvidia-only.

I just threw out my promo T-shirt I got for one of these:

Awwww hells to the yeah, intel 740!

AGP FTW!

Anyone have any issues with the last 2 driver updates?

I had to roll back to 416.94 , as anything newer than that and I get screen flicker. :|

Still fine with 64-bit Win10 build 1809 and NVIDIA first party GTX 1080 Ti.

Nope, I don’t remember having a problem in the last year.

Had to get the latest drivers to try and run gSync with a freesync monitor (that I bought).

Then it turns out that Freesync under gsync was only available under Windows 10…

But the drivers worked at least.

I kept forgetting my nvidia login so now I’ve signed on through Facebook. I get the feeling they made a strict password and the inability to save your password in hopes people will just do what I did.

I’m sure it will be fine, Facebook takes your privacy very seriously.

Does Steam have a function to automatically update your drivers?

Partial support but only for AMD.

FTFY 5