WTF NVidia????? Login now required in GeForce Experience

This might be known to many, but it was new to me: NVSlimmer. Rips the crap out of the driver installer, letting you install only the parts you need. Bye bye telemetry.

Nice. Saves me from doing it manually.

Is there still telemetry if you only install the drivers and not the rest?

At least it was the case in my last installation (417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql).

Yes, you need to use autoruns and disable everything with nvtm in its name. I do this after every. Single. Driver. Update. For. Years.

I’m lovin’ it!

Thanks guys.

It appears it will still be there from prior driver installs (use Autoruns as stusser suggests) - at least the schedule tasks jobs are. But it appears that using NVSlimmer prevents it from being re-added.

Yes. Also if you disable the nv telemetry container that does break geforce experience.

And nothing of value was lost.

I have a new gaming notebook (Asus GX701) and I can’t find the Nvidia control panel – it’s not in the right-click menu, and it’s not in the Windows control panel (small icons mode); I get a popup (briefly) notifying me that I have a G-sync monitor and click here to turn it on in settings, but it goes nowhere. I’ve done the uninstall / clean install a few times over in different ways, no change. Leaning towards a clean Windows re-installation… blargh.

Oh, speaking of the new notebook: anyone need Anthem or Battlefield 5? I only redeemed the Exodus code from this purchase (already had the others) and I’d be happy to give away my code for either (I assume it would still work, but can’t say for sure). First quote gets it, limit 1. Not for resale, please.

EDIT: all gone!

Ugh, phone is being weird. Abort!1

I haven’t checked out a Battlefield for several years, and with the new Firestorm mode I’m at least curious about it.

Very kind of you to offer though.

Edit - Here is a fairly recent checklist of options to try for the control panel issue before you nuke windows. You might have tried them, but perhaps one of them will do the trick. https://merabheja.com/nvidia-control-panel-not-showing-in-windows-10/

BF5 code sent! Anthem remaining.

Yep I’ve tried most of those (I also used that very page).

Pm sent

Man that stinks. I’ve had it happen once or twice when upgrading Windows before, but usually the manual stuff or a clean driver wipe and reinstall (like ddu) managed to fix it.

So, do you install the driver first, then run this?

Doesn’t ‘%programfiles%\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe’ work?

No - download the driver and NVSlimmer, and then run NVSlimmer. You’ll select your driver installer .exe file, and it lets you modify the options there and install.

I figured it out, thanks. Ended up repackaging so I could select the clean install option.

Hey guys, check out the new “holographic gaming assistant” from Nvidia! ;-)