X-COM: War of the Chosen - the QT3 game!

He never could hold his beer, lightweight!

Late for duty!

@Guap I suggest janitorial duties for @robc04 , until the roster needs replacements. ;)

Hey different time zone now!!
I didn’t notice if Guap said what difficulty he was playing, but my guess is that there will be deaths - and then I will be ready for duty. :-)

Hey! There were highballs! And this weird armor makes it hard to stairs.

The first mission is over, and the enemy general is dead. Long live XCOM!

However, we did have a casualty. See if you can spot who got shot by a Sectoid:

A hell of a mission. We set down and avoided the patrols looping around the sewer. Suddenly the General walked around the corner, setting us up for the perfect ambush. While the squaddies set up for an ambush, O’Malley took aim down the sights of her assault rifle and squeezed off . . . a big miss that alerted the entire enemy force. The General ran and we had to chase him down.

The squad in hot pursuit, we suddenly ran into a couple of Sectoids. These are freaky aliens that look like the traditional big eyed alien we’ve all seen in movies. They can also panic your soldiers and even mind control them. Things went to hell right away, as Schurem was taken out by the first Sectoid with a screaming plasma bolt, while Chappers was mind controlled by the second Sectoid.

As Chappers stared at the rest of her squad with dead doll eyes, they knew they were in trouble. That’s when O’Malley redeemed herself with the kill of the mission, freeing Chappers:

We tracked down the enemy General and put a round through his face plate. Mission accomplished! R.I.P. Schurem.

whaaaa : (

Put me in the reserve squad!

Name: Ryan “Ben Hur” Reinert
Gender: male; Caucasian w short brown hair and glasses please
Colors: Black and blue
Specialization: Ranger or whatever you need

By the way, karma and reincarnation can be yours! Traditionally if you are killed and want back in the action, you can join the bottom of the queue. Its first come first served in the replacements pool.

• Name: Joel “Djscman” Nevergonnadie
  • Country of Origin: Italy
  • Uniform color: Blue pants, red shirt.
  • Preferred Specialization: heavy?

Thank you O’Malley for getting those grey skins out my head.

in that case, sign me up for reincarnation please. same specs :)

McMaster, O’Malley and ineffalbob take Scott Garza shopping in a run down department store in an abandoned city to celebrate him feeling better.

Suddenly, there are thousands of zombies around. Also, shore leave is cancelled because there is a Resistance VIP and two Heavy soldiers nearby that need rescuing. Time to suit up and fight the aliens and zombies at the same time!

Ah, I didn’t realize the length restrictions were so stringent. Next time, I’ll suggest using “Bob Ineffable” to get around that!

Sorry, I’m having particular trouble spelling out your name on my phone. Lol.

Well, it was shortened in the screenshot too! I guess XCom isn’t down with modern string length standards. :-)

Its ok, inediblefaff, come have a drinky poo with me before the next mission. hic

Woohoo! Survived my first mission!

Also, I didn’t realize a first name was required. I guess O’Malley O’Malley will have to do.

At an Advent city on the west coast, the Angels were playing the Dodgers in an exhibition game. Our team in the field finds themselves facing The Lost in an abandoned city.

Lost missions take place in huge, awesome maps. There are usually tenements packed floor to ceiling with dirty furniture and run down in general. In addition, extended combat, and especially explosions, draw a huge wave of zombies called a Swarm. It’s a very solid zombie mechanic.

The team was on fire on this mission. McMaster, in particular, must have killed 20 zombies himself from his sniper perch. The two heavies we rescued tore up the place with explosives on the way out, setting us up for a lot of zombies rushing us at the evac zone.

By the way, I’m playing on Commander with No Reloads. I only save to avoid crashes.

Ambush In the Snow: Our first encounter with The Chosen

Wherein someone dies a hero and someone loses their mind.