X-COM: War of the Chosen - the QT3 game!

To:. All personnel on the Avenger

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you two of our finest, @sillhouette and @Chappers, have been killed in combat with The Chosen and Advent. These two were both officers amd on their way to leading the victory over our enemies. No greater sacrifice can be made to our cause. There will be a memorial service at the bar on board tonight at 1800 hours.

Replacements, to the front line! We have Lost to kill in what’s left of Vancouver. To the Skyranger!

RIP @sillhouette and @Chappers.

You will not be forgotten!

The last shot of our heroes before deployment:

Replacement reporting for duty!

Name: Giuseppe ‘Seppey’ Martello
Uniform Color: If Italy, green and Red, if Poland Red & white
Spec: random

Those monsters!

I guess Firaxis isn’t messing around when they say Difficult Difficulty is difficult.

We’ll get 'em next time, mates!

I don’t want to overburden you with info, but for the record I love to stab aliens

Mid mission report from the field
_--------------+++++++++++++++++++

All operatives are badly injured. The Lost are overwhelming us. A new Chosen has appeared, this one can summon exploding zombies. We are trying to get to him but may have to evac this mission.

Please stand by.

Whew, this is a tough one. Everyone down to a few health. Looks grim.

Press on or abort?

You have stabbed quite a few. Your nickname is “The Egyptian Magician”. Shorted to “Egyptian”.

Abort. We don’t want to wipe 5 vets at this point. We can come back geared up better. Really up against a wall if we lose our abilities before our rookies can at least have a little armor or lasers

It’s ok chappy, at least we went out as a bonded pair together. It would be cruel otherwise.

I am available to re-enlist. This time I will need the nickname ‘sillhouette’ to survive.

Damn, they’ll be disappointed they missed that chance to drink heavily!

@Chappers Noooooooooo…

A great fight so far, but every time the Warlock shittalks at the end/beginning of a round, it crashes. Maybe it’s a voiceover bug on Lost missions only?

I’ve been playing the heck out of this the last 2 weeks.

If you need yet another reservist feel free to add me.

First name: Frop
Last name: Bog
Nickname: jpinard
Make me green and yellow with spots or stripes.
Preferred occupation: whatever you need. Probably Skirmisher as they have a grappled to pull in enemies. Otherwise, anything!

After the loss of two top operatives, XCOM needed a win. A quick jaunt to the ruins of Vancouver to forage for supplies seemed just the trick.

However, when they deployed and started engaging Advent and The Lost on the ground, things went south quickly. A new Chosen, The Warlock, appeared on the battlefield.

This mighty alien warrior had a dangerous trick up his sleeve right off the bat. Summoning exploding zombies that attached the Lost Swarms. He also appeared to be complete invulnerable to the Lost’s clumsy swipes and our blades.

Running from crumbling building to abandoned subway lines, the team was beset on all sides. With everyone wounded and out of medkits, it seemed only a matter of time before they were wiped out.

Back at the Avenger infirmary, Lt. Lantz listened in on the battle chatter from her hospital bed. She keyed into the team radio frequency and suggested they return to base. She did not want to lose the entire squad for a few supplies.

With reluctance, team sniper RichVR covered the team while a Skyranger was called and the squad evacuated the area.

Things looked dire for Earth. The entire team was injured, exhausted, and broken. The roster went deep, but the toll of combat was heavy.

The Commander reviewed the current roster:

There were some great soldiers under his command, but Advent’s progress on their doomsday weapon was progressing far too quickly. So far they had been responding to missions and helping fend off attacks. But if they couldn’t take the fight to the aliens this war would be over quickly, and humanity doomed.

Time to send in Kosc to save the day! Just think about that guaranteed 10% chance to hit. ;)

Sorry, buddy. You got badly injured for a while and haven’t been on another mission yet. You’re actually at the bottom cut off from the screen. Next mission, @lordkosc!

I was shot in the buttocks wasn’t I? D: