X-COM: War of the Chosen - the QT3 game!

It’s new in WOTC. It’s called “Low Profile” as a SitRep (same as The Lost and such showing up).

You Rooks can’t shoot very straight. I have a bad feeling about this…

This will be fun lol.

To:. All Avenger Personnel

After a terrific fight against Advent and The Chosen Assassin, we are sad to announce the deaths of:

@ddtibbs
@Hotfreak
@JustinFletcher

This turned out to be our bloodiest battle to date.

We are taking our best soldiers and heading directly to The Chosen Stronghold.

Double Revenge!

Ahhhh! What did we sign up for? All these deaths!

God I love The Chosen. They are the ultimate shit talkers.

Wait until you play the game through a few times. You will be tearing your hair out and screaming at them to shut up.

Cannon fodder. As expected. Being a rookie at this late date is a tough row to hoe.

Re: A summary of the War

Hello troops,

It’s finally done. We have defeated all of the Chosen and are ready to strike against the Advent Network, shutting down their propaganda machine.

I wanted to congratulate those of who who have made it this far. We have an atonishing 8 Colonels ready to assault the Advent one last time.

In other news, Col. Jack Howitzer was killed by an Andromedon brute yesterday. He will be missed on the final mission.

RIP @Jack_Howitzer

Well done! I love the stuff you get off them.

Wowza the chosen were all at nearly max strength.

Yeah, especially for the Assassin. She got real close to the assault!

Those brutes, they have no class! My days as mutant Humphrey Bogart have come to an end. I had the hat, the half smoked cigarette and the world weary expression. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough. Now go on and finish the job, XCOM, do it for ol’ Bogie.

Report from the field:

We have made contact with the enemy. Over 15 enemies on the battlefield now along with 3 avatars. Col. Lantz was just mind controlled and slashed Col. Lord Kosc to ribbons.

X-COM presses on to the depths of the Alien fortress.

They are pourimg in! Acid bombs from Andromedons, mind control from multiple sources, plasma death from all around… It seems hopeless…

Col Lantz just regained her mind… but then her squadmate and best friend, Col. @Djscman, was gunned down by an alien Big Daddy.

She lost it and gunned down Col. @lordkosc, who was under the influence of mind control.

In the meantime, the rest of the squad killed two of the three avatars. Will this be curtains for our heros or will they pull it off?

So sorry @lordkosc!

So so sorry!

Oh nevermind, got to break some eggs…

Col. McMaster took a long shot at the remaining Avatar as the alien horde rushed in. The rest of the team was either dead, shattered and gibbering or hurt badly. Besides him, only Col. @schurem, the lone Templar on the team, was left.

Aliens large and small, all armed to the teeth, poured in from all directions.

Suddenly Col. Schurem rushed the alien horde. He leapt over alien machinery and cabling as it appeared he had lost his mind and was on a suicide mission.

As the last second he veered off and beelined for the Avatar. With his energy blades humming, he flew into the air and landed on the Avatar’s chest, blades buried up to the hilt in the alien’s chest.

The Avatar exploded. The team rushed through the portal that led home and watched as the alien network crumbled and freedom rang over the Earth once again.

-------------------------___

GAME OVER! X-COM WINS!

Thanks everyone for playing!

Nicely done, man.

Avenge me, buddy! Avenge…