PLEASE READ: Forum rules (updated 8/7/18)

Welcome to Quarter to Three! We’re a mostly laid back place, but we do have a few rules. They are as follows:

• You must be 18 or older. Or you must at least successfully pretend to be 18 or older.

• Don’t be too much of a jerk. Think of the other people in a thread as if they were in the same room with you.

• Don’t drag in your baggage from another thread. This can be a tough balancing act, because how we interact is often related to what we know about each other. But dragging down a discussion with an argument you’re hashing out elsewhere or that you had six months ago isn’t welcome. If you’re going to hold grudges, learn to have a polite discussion with someone you might dislike. See the previous rule.

• The politics and religion subforum gets a little extra leeway than the other sections of the forum. It’s naturally a place where you can expect more impassioned rough-and-tumble conversations. Please don’t abuse that leeway and, more importantly, please leave P&R in P&R if you can’t be good-natured about your disagreements. See the previous rule.

• We will not tolerate open bigotry or racism. We will also moderate any accounts that we suspect are “dog whistling” alt-right ideas. We’re very concerned about the use of social media to promulgate hate, and we will do everything we can to make sure it doesn’t happen here.

• Do not post disturbing images or text. If you want to share something that might be construed as disturbing, link to it instead and provide a warning about what you’re linking. Also, don’t treat the forum like a boys’ locker room. Although this is an adult forum, it’s also a forum that people would like to be able to browse from work, or with their families in the same room, or with some reasonable assurance that they’re not going to be suddenly confronted with something gross, disturbing, or inappropriate for viewing in public.

• Do not disclose personal information about another poster without his or her permission. That includes using names, photographs, job histories, and so forth. That said, keep in mind that the internet isn’t what it once was. Sometimes the toothpaste is out of the tube.

• I need your help. Every post has a little ellipses icon at the bottom. If you click that, it gives you additional options, including the option to “flag a post”. Please use that if you see someone violating the rules, spamming, or generally messing up the forum. Note that it is not a way to downvote a post! It’s just a way to help me keep the place tidy. Don’t be afraid to use it.

• This site is 99% moderation free, and the community deserves all the credit for that. In the event that any moderation disputes or technical complications arise, and you need to contact someone in charge, get in touch with @tomchick or @telefrog. When they’re available, @stusser and @Clay are also admins who know the ins and outs of the forum. These people have been instrumental in helping run the forum and they have full authority to handle any technical issues or moderation disputes.

• If you’d like to support the site, here is my Patreon campaign. You can also support the site by buying lots of stuff from Amazon.com using our search box on the front page.

• Here is a link to a database of gamertags, Steam IDs, and so forth for various forum members. If you’re looking for folks to play with, we’re a pretty friendly bunch. You can add your own name as well.

• PM me or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions.

• If you’d like to follow me, here are some helpful links:
    Twitter @qt3
    facebook.com/quartertothreewebsite
    youtube.com/quartertothreevideos
    patreon.com/tomchick

-Tom