Top 15 gba games top 15 ds games

What MUST I have or play? I had a GBA until it was stolen along with all my games. I’m looking to replace it with a DS and I’m wondering what I need

My DS “musts:”

Kirby
Phoenix Wright
Trauma Center
Meteos
Advance Wars
Nintendogs
Metroid Prime
Castlevania
Mario and Luigi
Ouendan
Mario Kart
LostMagic
New Super Mario Bros.
Animal Crossing
Age of Empires
Lost in Blue
Trace Memory (the puzzles in this are unique and it really shows the platform off nicely)

GBA games:
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.
Warioware/ Warioware: Twisted
Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission
Fire Emblem (the first is my favourite)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Golden Sun series
Riviera: The Promised Land (feel free to ignore this one)
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Wario Land 4
Harvest Moon: [More] Friends of Mineral Town
Boktai: The Sun is in your hand (I have no experience with the sequel)
Super Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts
Chu Chu Rocket!
One more, if you ignore Riviera:
Mario vs Donkey Kong (I enjoyed the GB Donkey Kong).

DS: Mariokart, Battles of Prince of Persia, Advance Wars

GBA: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Riviera: The Promised Land, Yu Gi Oh! UM 2006

Hey, guys. I’m usually just a lurker here. Recently I purchased a DSLite and this thread is particularly interesting to me. I’ve been looking for Castlevania DS in used game stores, but no luck so far. Anyone here interested in selling?

I’ll echo what has been said before regarding the New Super Mario Bros DS. It’s great. It’s not particularly difficult though. I’m only playing it 30 minutes at a time or I would have probably beaten it the day I got it.

I also have A Link to the Past for GBA. That fills my nostalgia needs for now.

Can anyone recommend any good mega man games for the GBA? I’ve read the zero missions are good, but super tough.

Also would someone comment on the steering in Mario Kart DS? Control pad steering has always felt awkward to me.

I’ve always felt that this would be a great name for a hamburger-flavored cereal.

Watch out for Brain Age. It may or may not be to your liking. As a new DSlite owner, I gave in to the hype and bought Brain Age and New Super Mario Bros. with the system.

Brain Age just seems like homework. At least the initial puzzles do. Maybe it gets better as you unlock more puzzles. Reading colors and doing simple math just doesn’t qualify as fun in my book. The voice recognition is cool, but someone tell me it gets better.

Oh, and Gamefly rents DS games. Not all rental sites do. Kirby Canvas Curse should be waiting in the mailbox tonight, and Warioware has been a hit with the wife and kids.

New Super Mario Bros. is a moral obligation for anybody who grew up playing and loving the NES and SNES Mario platformers.

Other great DS games: Advance Wars DS, unless you burned out on Advance Wars on the GBA. (Alas, I did.) Meteos. Kirby, for brilliant use of the stylus. Ouendan.

I’d recommend Mario Kart, but it does nothing for me. Other people seem to love it, however.

I’d recommend Phoenix Wright, but I foolishly didn’t buy it when it came out, so I’ll never have a chance to play it and find out if it’s as good as everyone says.

I don’t think the DS has a top 15 games yet, at least in the US. Maybe in another year.

OBJECTION! Don’t believe the hype, the New Super Mario Bros is great for nostalgia but the gameplay is pretty bland. It is severly lacking in difficulty, secrets, and any hint of innovation apart from a mushroom that turns you super huge for 3 seconds. Its a huge step backwards from SMB3, Super Mario World I & II. Out of all the mario games in the series, the only thing keeping it from being at the bottom of the list is SMB 2.

OVERRULED! NSMB is right up there with SMB 3 and Super Mario World.

Best game I’ve played this year thus far. The ‘big’ mushroom is actually the most useless addition to the game, the mushroom that makes you small but able to jump really high, the turtle shell powerup and implementing the Mario walljump in a 2D mario offer some cool stuff that haven’t been seen in any previous 2D mario game.

DS Games to avoid:

Yoshi’s Touch and Go.

Whenever I remember that I bought this game I feel ripped off all over again. The entire game is about as long and deep as any single one of the minigames in NSMB. What the fuck, Nintendo? Why you gotta play me like that?

I guess it’s just one of those arcade-like games where you have to challenge yourself to get a higher and higher score, like Ikaruga or something. Of course, if you aren’t motivated that way, the game seems unfairly shallow.

NSMB really is superb. The best thing for people who aren’t nerdly Mario fans is that it is easy enough you won’t get totally frustrated. If you do get frustrated, then you just plain suck at games and should probably start playing cards in your free time or something.

I’ve got like 52 lives, all the worlds are open and I have a majority of the big coins. I took it out of the DS to try and play something else for awhile and ended up putting NSMB back in because it’s just so darn entertaining to mess around with the levels and the big/small mushrooms.

I agree. I “finished” the game a long time ago, but I still kept playing to open and finish every level and now I’m star-coin complete on the first 6 worlds. It is still a fun game to pop in every once in a while to collect a new star coin or two or find the hidden path to the warp pipe or mushroom house that I don’t have a path to yet.

I wish that with the big mushrooms, you could go thru anything with it, even the raised land sections. I finally got all the coins last week. A few were a bit tricky, but I haven’t found all the secret exits yet.

I like Battles of Prince of Persia for the DS.

For the GBA I like both Fire Emblems and Rebelstar.

olaf

just got final fantasy tactics for 13 dollars!!!

Most of the really good games were allready mentioned. Some other games that are really good if you like the genre:

Tony hawk DS: A really good portable version if you like to play trick-based games. I was surprised how good it was - especially the classic mode (2 minute runs)

Metroid Pinball: one of the best pinball games around

Tetris DS: Best version of tetris yet. If you ever thought you were good at tetris, wait until you get beaten by some random japanese guy online.