Cocktail name?

I’m trying to find the name of a cocktail which consists of equal parts rye whisky, benedictine and ginger ale. My mother-in-law, who introduced it to us, knew it as an O’Henry in California in the 1960s but none of the cocktail books or websites I have searched list a cocktail with that name. Has anyone come across this cocktail before and is it known by another name?

So, what you do is go to google and type

whiskey benedictine “ginger ale”

and then it comes back to tell you it’s known as an “O’Henry!” or “Oh, Henry!”

Also, Whisky Benedict.

Also, that the recipe changes. In one, it’s:
1-1/2 oz. BlendedWhiskey
1/4 oz. Benedictine
3 oz. Ginger Ale

Round here we know that one as a “Leathery Nutsack.”

Hmmmm… I know that one as “waking up on the lawn in a pool of vomit”. Also known as " hey mister get your dog off of me".

Sort of related, a couple of weeks ago I was in a local bar with some friends. I was in an adventurous mood so I asked the bartender to make me something he never gets to make. He asked me what kinda booze I wanted as the base and I said “Gin” so he made me what’s apparently known as a “Negrino”. Probably the foulest concoction I’ve ever imbibed. Gin, Bitters and something else Satan spat up. Try it!

Who invents drinks?

Back in college we’d mix white grape juice, which was on sale one time so we bought a bunch, and liquor store brand cheaper than even Popov brand vodka.

We called it The Moby Dick.

I’ve never looked it up to see if it was already a drink.

My college roommate and I invented something we called the VTOL

vodka, tequila and lime Crush.

The “o” was a reminder that drinking it was purely optional.

Troy

Ah, so its proper name is O’Henry. Google: 1, cocktail reference books: 0. Thanks Roger.

By the way, O’Henry’s are great if anyone’s looking for a cocktail for the new year.

Dew-Gin Slammers… Mountain Dew and Gin. Actually not bad.

Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, and Jose Quervo.
The first 3 are actually a drink called the three wise men.
I added the last one and call it the four horsemen.
Cause, ya know, tequila makes everything better.

This is even funnier cause I don’t actually drink.