Persona 3

I was planning on making this thread a few days ago to get ready for it’s release. Unfortunately the game has been delayed 3 weeks. The part that hurts is that most of the reviews are giving the game 8s and 9s. I’m just glad that I didn’t pick up the guide yet as that would have been torture not to read thru the entire thing and spoil myself. Maybe I can use this time to have another attempt at finshing Nocturne.

Yeah, I’m really pissed about the delay too. I wanted to pick it up yesterday. They probably got too many preorders for the book and CD or something.

Delayed this close to release? Lame!

The reason according to Atlus has something to do with the binding on the art books. If they take the book out, the box will not be able to support everything and be damaged in shipping or something like that. The actual delayed message came the day it was going to be shipped out.

The only other time we’ve had delays this close to release that I can remember was Growlanser: Generations.

Uh Oh…

der linken

yay, I’m not done with Odin Sphere yet, and grimgrimoire…I think I’m too damn slow for this hobby now

It’s nice that Atlus chose to delay the shipping because of a quality issue. OTOH, I could give a damn about the art book, but I guess they wouldn’t see it that way.

That’s convenient, `cause I don’t give a damn about the game: can I have your artbook? :-)

Time for a slight EB rant. I wanted to take my preorder off of Persona 3 and to order it thru amazon, since all the bonus stuff is prepackaged . The guy lied to my face saying that if I don’t preorder I will never get the art book, even though the whole reason for the delay is because of the artbook supporting the box. Then to make things worse, they don’t have my preorder on file, I think either one of the employees has taken my preorder, or due to the delay they wiped the preorders from the computer. So this is a warning for everyone who preordered thru their local Eb store to make sure your game is still in their system.

edit: Would anyone know why if I order the game with free shipping they will wait 6 days to ship it out, but with 3-5 day they will ship it out on the release date?

Do you mean Amazon? Because I noticed that too-- I ordered something with the SuperSaver shipping on a Friday morning, and the order status page was saying it wouldn’t ship until Wednesday. Then on Monday morning I cancelled the order and placed a new one for the same item and it shipped that day.

I just noticed at the top of the page that they will wait 3-5 days to ship your product if you choose super saver shipping.

edit: Is the free shipping option a limited time only?

How is Amazon’s response time for preorders? I hate EB but it’s hard to ignore their speed at getting you the game if you pay out the arse for shipping or go into their stores. Ideally I just want to preorder from Amazon since I have Amazon Prime, but I used to hear tons of horror stories of them not shipping for a week or more. Some times that’s ok, but for stuff like Bioshock, Crysis, Mass Effect, etc that I am chomping at the bit for it could very well be fatal.

Actually what I really want is Best Buy to allow preordering online for instore pickup. That might get 100% of my business.

I have a coupon from amazon so regardless of shipping I’m getting it cheapest from them. Now I have to decide whether spending $4 more is worth it getting it at the latest on the 19th, or on the 29th.

Depends on whether you’re getting Brave Story this week, or something else.

Did anyone pick up the game today? I decided to wait thru amazon so I’m not going to be seeing the game until the end of August. Any comments on the bonus stuff, such as the art book that caused so many problems?

edit: Just checked on my amazon order, and the $3 off is gone on new purchases from amazon.

I should have it waiting for me tonight. “Out for delivery” according to UPS. It’s always fun to watch the incredibly rapid and accurate transit through half a dozen depots across the country in 6 hours, in a beautiful orchestration of efficient transport, and then to wait 12 hours for the truck to actually pass the house…

I’d preordered it from Amazon and it was supposed to ship yesterday - and then the estimated ship date quietly rolled over to next week. Fuckers.

Seriously, never preorder from Amazon and expect to get the game the release day.

It never happens. The only way to get a game on release day through the mail is to next-day it from EB/Gamestop.