Cheapest way to get wired connection to the Wii?

Hi folks. I’ve been using my Wii a lot lately as an internet browser. When I play certain games on the 360 where I might run into problems, I like having the Wii on web page which shows the walkthrough for that level, in case I run into any problems. (For example, I’m doing this with Tomb Raider currently).

Unfortunately, I just moved my wireless router to a different part of the house, and the signal is really weak now in the basement where the Wii and 360 are connected. I have a wired connection that goes to my PC and the 360 in the basement, and I really wish the Wii just had an ethernet port I could plug into.

I don’t want to spend a lot of money, since the only reason I want to do this is because I hate walking to my computer when I get stuck in a 360 game. I like switching to a different input on the TV so that I can use the Wii as an internet browser.

So what’s the cheapest way I can get properly connected again with the Wii? Buying some kind of range extender for the wireless router? Or buying something that will allow me to somehow use the wired connections I have nearby (I have plenty of spare ethernet cords) to somehow connect with the Wii? I don’t really know much at all about wireless stuff, so please be kind and treat me like a total idiot as far as the wireless stuff goes.

A lot of companies seem to be selling USB network adapters to use the Wii with wired ethernet.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802615

I have the official nintendo usb ethernet adapter and it works great. I pretty much only use wireless with my laptop since my entire house is wired with cat5.

I’m planning on getting the lan adapter for the Wii now that my ethernet cord arrived. Is there a difference in quality between the 3rd party adapters and the one nintendo sells from its online store?

Thanks guys. Those are some great alternatives. I’m sure that’ll be the cheapest solution too.

I use a Linksys USB ethernet adapter to hook my OLPC to the network at the office. It costs $25.