Who watches the, uh....these guys?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/04/masked-superheroes-patrol-cincinnatis-streets/

My favorite part is when he jumps down the stairs.

That’s a pisstake, surely.

“Rabbits frighten me. It’s time my enemies shared my dread.”

He should really work on his Batman voice. I’m sure his squeaky nerd voice strikes fear in the hearts of criminals.

I saw ShadowHare on patrol this morning on my way into work (I work in downtown Cincinnati). He was standing across the street from Fountain Square chatting with a female police officer (“Hey baby, I fight crime too. Maybe we could get together later and I’ll show you some of my moves?”). His costume consisted of his full mask, a black t-shirt, black jeans, worn-out black gym shoes and a bunch of those pocket chains that presumeably let him know when a super-villain is trying to pickpocket his pepper spray, handcuffs or taser.

I did feel safer just knowing he was nearby, but I also had to wonder why, given all the time he spends in his mom’s basement, uh I mean the Legion HQ, he couldn’t manage to design a decent Batman-style toolbelt. The rest of the Legion was nowhere to be seen, which I’m sure is by design, as they were lying in wait for nefarious criminals to try and ambush ShadowHare before leaping out to save the day.

I kind of want to dress up like a supervillain and go slap him around.

Do villains even need costumes? I could totally do that if I didn’t need to dress silly.

There’s actually quite a few of these types of folks. I saw something on the group out in Salt Lake City a while ago.

I think its nice that they give food to the homeless. Otherwise, they’re just asking to be shot by a crazy drug peddler.

I actually wonder what sort of legal “villainous plots” somebody could come up with to “challenge” these “heroes” and basically turn the whole thing into LARPing against their will. I’d probably feel a little bad if I were to do that, since they do seem to mean well, but seriously, come on.

I think I would, too, because I want to believe someone looking to beat the hell out of me would see that and just have to go beat the hell out of him on principal.

Or a gentle raping. They’re more or less equivalent you know.

“I SAID A DOLLAR, BITCH!”

This would make a terrific cover-up scheme for actually committing crimes.

“I was on patrol when I heard a scream, and I saw the villain go that-a-way, officer!”

Somebody link to that Saturday Night Live Digital Short about the guy who decides to become a costumed superhero.

They just did this on Reno 911 last week. It was awesome.