Ctrl+Alt+Del does it again!

(thanks to Reddit)

He should go back to miscarriages.

And surely it’s a fake.

Was this comic ever funny?

Heh, favorite comment from Reddit: “So wait, which character is the robotic one with the unchanging face?”

From the reddit comments.

He’s already addressed the issue on the front page. So not a fake.

http://www.cad-comic.com/

Allow me to first state that there was absolutely zero intention to offend anyone with today’s comic. There was no ill-will, malicious agenda, or racism involved with arriving at the script for the comic. I am about as far from racist as a person can be.

Yeeeeeeeeah, about that.

I bet his best friend is a black, muslim, transexual, gay women, with native American ancestry.

The ‘second update’ in the original post was actually the third. He made this version in between:

“On the other hand, I will admit that I often laugh at jokes about racial stereotypes when they’re told for comedic, light-hearted purpose (as opposed to coming from a place of anger or ignorance). A lot of standup comedians make jokes about stereotype humor. I think that racism is a serious matter, but I also think that stereotype humor can be funny, in the same way I think that real world violence is a terrible thing, but I find humor in cartoon/comic violence.”

Tim Buckley: making Penny Arcade look good since 1999.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with the joke, CTRL ALT DEL just doesn’t do a very good version of it.

It helps that Scrubs actually has black characters. Plus then they can use the line “You’re black, right?”

As kind of a thread derail, Jimmy Carr defends racial stereotypes as a comedy shorthand. To be clear he seems to be defending it in a very specific context, not all of them… but I can’t help but be amazed at that he doesn’t seem to see the harm. Maybe he was putting Thorne on though. I don’t know.

However, I really like what I’ve seen of Carr’s shows even if I happen to disagree on this specific point.

Edit: Unfortunately, it’s well into the podcast… I’m at 25 minutes and it still hasn’t come up, but it’s still a pretty interesting interview about comedy. Yeah, if you start at about 22 minutes or so, it’ll set you up for when the conversation takes that turn at about 27 minutes.

Well hey, now everyone’s least favorite webcomic/most favorite internet punching bag is also an identified attack vector!

His explanation makes me sad. I’d hoped that a group of wonderful people had worked together to repeatedly report his site to Google.

Which actually makes my AV pop up and tell me not to read this thread, because it contains content from a known malware site…

There’s no reason why a random group of non-Qt3-affiliated people who haven’t read this thread couldn’t conspire to do just that.

Allegedly they typoed an advertiser URL and put a malware site into their banners. Oh, Tim, you card!

From the site, which all things warn to avoid greek-chorus-style:

If you got a “suspicious site” warning (but clearly clicked through it anyway), you have nothing to worry about. There is no malware on this site. Someone at our advertising management company accidentally typo’d a URL in one of our advertiser’s banners. Instead of pointing to “dragonballz.com”, it pointed to “drangonballz.com”, which was a suspicious website.

Pierre and the guys are getting it all sorted out right now.