CdProjekt New scifi IP/Conference

Tomorrow May 30th they will have their summer conference, at 17.00h GMT.

There is speculation about if they will have a new game to show. Like Witcher 1 on consoles, or Witcher 3, or maybe that scifi game that some rumors mentioned.

Well, first teaser:

Holy shit.Looks cyberpunky, which is exactly what I hoped they would be making apart from the Witcher.
Cannot wait. Still want that Witcher 2 expansion tho’.

Why do the people of the future always have such terrible haircuts?

I always like it when people from the future look like they stepped out of London 1976.

I’m sure the people of 1912 would be saying the same if they saw photos of people from 2012.

But what about the 90s? The 1890s?

Brink 2!

That picture instantly evokes Shadowrun in me. Wouldn’t it be cool if, like Xcom, we also got two Shadowrun games?

Anyways, Cyberpunk is pretty cool as well - I actually just didn’t think it was something people were interested in anymore. Very excited!

A cyberpunk RPG will go down very nicely, thank you. Very nicely indeed.

Because it’s not a haircut–it’s a statement.

The cyber-shades are nicely done, hope they look like that in-game.

IIRC, some other company currently has the Shadowrun license for videogames locked up. . . which is sad. That was the first IP my mind went to when I saw the teaser image.

Edit: Yeah, looks like it’s Hairbrained Schemes, founded by one of the original creators of Shadowrun. Which is pretty cool.

Seeing as that guy is obviously wearing Glass, I assume the title will be Google: The Burgeoning: The RPG.

Cyberpunk is not my most loved genre exactly, I think it’s a dated concept. Thought I don’t mind a bit of retro concepts sometimes.

It’s cyberpunk.

I mean, Cyberpunk, with capital C. The rpg pen & paper game.

Cyberpunk it is.

As in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

New game will use the Red Engine, and will allow you to create a character for yourself, rather than play a pre-existing one (as you do with Geralt).

I’m playing Geralt anyway. The future has more monsters that need killing.

Man, I wonder if I still have my copy of the Cyberpunk 2020 rules, I know I have a supplement or two. This is awesome news overall.

Hahaha holy shit they are actually making a game called Cyberpunk :D

God I love this company.

And Mike has an amazing voice. Daaamn.