The badass screenshot thread

Per the inquiry of Giaddon in the Sleeping Dogs, who wondered why we don’t have a screenshots thread.

So, post your baddest assed screenies?!?!

Consoles, PCs, portables, whatever looks cool.

SCREENSHOTS YOU SAY!? I HAVE TAKEN A SCREENSHOT OR TWO

This screenshot summed up my feelings toward TOR pretty well actually.

And that’ll do since Steam’s new community shit is crapping out on my screenshots now. Sure would be nice if it was separate pages so I could click back and return to where I was previously instead of scrolling down a constantly expanding single page, which works until it has a seizure.

Edit: Ah, limited to 10 images a post here anyway. Well then!

What game does that second (bloody robot face) picture belong to?

Binary Domain.

And, hey, thanks for the thread!

Two from the new Syndicate. Really surprised at how much I like it.

One from Call of Duty: World at War. Not a good game, but this is a shot I’ve always liked.

Squee, what’s the space game… shot 7?

Star Trek Online.

GTA 4 with icehancer 2.1. I really like just driving around the city. Shame the game does not have more interesting missions, I would like to replay it with the mod.

Some Skyrim shots.

Warhorse:

Last Moments:

Guard Duty:

Squee, what is that bottom screenshot of? Looks like some sort of political CCG? Looks interesting!

Fate of the World. It’s pretty entertaining.

<- Strange glitch in Quake. In two maps, if you shot in exactly 1 place, you can kill people in exactly other 1 place. The particles are part of the effects of a custom engine.

<- Tryiing to add some usability to Team Fortress. Adding shadows to text to enhance readability.(other versions, chat bubbles test)

<- How Nexuiz looked in sep 2002.

<- One of the renderers of NPRQuake.

<- Tryiing to fix Team Fortress. In the original code, grenades stop rotating in bad angles. It was possible to force the grenades to stop in a realistic angle withouth bad clipping.

<- Quake rendered to ASCII art

<- A early version of TeamFortress.exe (private fork from ezQuake, users: 1), on this version players had a his name and class over his head. (other version)

<- Early version of Telejano.

<- The camera of a dead player ended inside the model a severed head. This is how a Quake1 head look from inside (no effects added).

<- Tryiing to design a new menu system for Quake.

A couple of screenshots from Tera, my MMO du jour. Note that the game shows that watermark in the corner any time you hide the UI.

One of the larger waterfalls in the game, I think this was near Cutthroat Harbor.

A shot of Balder’s Refuge, one of the high-level areas. Those towers run through the zone; I’m standing next to the corner of one of them.

A shot of my castanic sorceress, wearing probably the least-slutty armor available to that race/class combination.

Click to unleash the embiggening.

Obligatory space shot for Brian.

Windows XP : 1944 Edition

Strewth!

Pyrocycle

VII > 400

You probably need that

I don’t like balloons (still my favourite RoF shot)

Windows XP : 1944 Edition

Ha! Took me a while before that clicked. Nice one.

My favorite Batman screen, though unfortunately had the UI on:

Also, the NeoGAF thread has a two screens per post limit, which I think might be a good idea

Mr. Mismarck - what is that first pic? Tis beautiful!

TERA really is gorgeous. Shame about the game.

A Skyrim shot I really like. The game makes for an incredible number of good looking screenshots, though.

Spec Ops: The Line. For all that the shooting is pretty standard, they have a really good eye for creating memorable scenes.

X3-Terran Conflict i think.

There are some hardcore mofos in the wasteland

Ha! Nice find.