Twitch Streaming - Qt3 style

So I’ve been kicking around the idea of streaming games for quite some time, I just never felt like dealing with the technical side of it on my Mac. Now, however, I’ve figured it out! My channel is: http://www.twitch.tv/jvmcmaster

I’m not streaming right now as I’m at work, but I will stream some tonight. I’ll probably play League of Legends and 7 Days to Die. Is anyone interested in this? If I were to put something together so we could share a channel and have some stuff going on all the time, would anyone be interested in streaming or watching?

I’d be interested in watching you play some 7DtD.

I streamed some Dominions 4 early on and it was funny to see people log in, ask “WTF is this?” then leave after a few minutes. I guess Dominions 4 doesn’t appeal to the streaming crowd. LOL.

I’m not sure HOW interesting it will be for you, Nick, as I’ve played roughly 15 minutes of it total. It would mostly just be me getting murdered.

That’s probably interesting, now that I think about it.

I’ll only be interested if you get Tom to join you. Not actually to play, but just berate you about everything.

Since the thread title isn’t strictly about you, Jason, I’m assuming this is a general Qt3 streaming thread:

www.twitch.tv/eddyvegasgames is my ‘various games’ channel. Like it says on my page, I’ll play anything once. Casting on a more or less regular basis, usually starting arounfd 11-midnight Central European Time.

www.twitch.tv/latenightpoker is my poker channel, now entering its 3rd year. Every Fri Sat Sun at about 9-10 pm CET.

Yeah, I’d watch. I like to watch. Video games. Mostly.

I’ve become a big fan of stuff like Let’s Plays over at Something Awful and I’ve been following the Awesome Games Done Quick being done for charity right now. Makes for great background noise while I’m working, plus some of these guys put a lot of thought and background info into it. Haven’t spent as much time with Twitch but hey, why not I say?

Aye. I keep meaning to get into streaming in a more dedicated fashion, if for no other reason than to create a record of my playthroughs of games. I’m at twitch.tv/armandopenblade, and you can sign up for notifications when I go live. Been wanting to finish off my streaming of StarCon2 and to start something for my first “for real real” DLC-enabled playthrough of Crusader Kings II, which I got through Qt3 Secret Santa, so it’d be super appropriate :)

I haven’t been streaming as much as I’d like lately due to Internet issues, but I stream various things at http://www.twitch.tv/warprattler pretty often when stuff’s working. I normally stream Wednesday through Saturday around 6 PM Central, and Sunday around 10 AM Central. Lately I’ve been running through the Ys games in chronological order; I’m currently partway through Ys II.

Along with PC, I’m equipped to stream from every console I own except NES, Genesis, and Saturn, and I’m working on getting those set up too.

I’m a big fan in twitch! Consider yourselves followed! I’ll be in the chat as lordpolish.

I plan on upgrading my internet package at some point by summer, so I should be able to stream more easily and at higher quality at that point.

Will bookmark this thread though. It’d be pretty cool if there was an actual QT3 twitch channel and people here could organize to stream particular things on a regular basis.

Could you maybe write a simple guide to getting a twitch stream set up? You need third party programs too, right?

I’ve been thinking about doing some streaming for my site for a few months now. Is there any recording software that is preferred or popular to use? I’ve never done any streaming before so I don’t know. I have about a 28 mbps connection, is that good enough for streaming or would something higher be better?

This.

I signed up, logged in, and immediately felt like an old man who’d walked into a nightclub playing some confounded inscrutable music while everyone was looking at me all like ‘Who’s dad is this?’

-Tom

A Qt3 Twitch channel is something I’d like to watch. I don’t watch twitch normally, but I’d be interested in this - Like others have mentioned, I have no clue how to do anything related to it though.

This.

I signed up, logged in, and immediately felt like an old man who’d walked into a nightclub playing some confounded inscrutable music while everyone was looking at me all like ‘Who’s dad is this?’

-Tom

I’d watch a Qt3 channel for sure. I’m not sure though how twitch.tv handles shared channels or group. I think you have to be a twitch.tv partner to create a group. You need to have 500 viewers on average before you can apply for partner, maybe the have a different deal for press members?

Yeah, you need third party programs. I know one of the popular is Xsplit. A pair of guides

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/733542-xsplit

Xsplit is one of the two main packages people use, the other is OBS which is a free alternative. I watch a lot of twitch and those two programs make up 99% of what people I’ve watched are using.

EA’s Origin allows you to stream from within their games on PC.

If you have a PS4, you can start streaming with nothing else needed. In fact, Twitch announced that during December 20% of their streams were from PS4 consoles.

I can’t understand why Steam hasn’t done anything to facilitate streaming.

I only can think it has be in their cards. Streaming has grown in importance in the last years, in a few years Steam not having streaming channels will be like not having a friend system.