Latest beta patch apparently fixes the invasions stalling. Not sure if that also fixes economy problems - it’s not specifically mentioned, but if building more ships means using more resources then it might.
Bought it, couldn’t wait for the weekend.
I severely underestimated how much information this game throws at you right out of the gate.
And yet it’s still got the gentlest learning curve I’ve ever seen in an X game.
I was just reading the Egosoft forums and a moderator there mentioned that it is possible to take over sectors. And rename them! Taking over a sector apparently allows you to see all ships and stations and what they are doing.
Whaaat? Thats crazy cool!
I have a frigate, a base, a growing fortune, miners, traders, and I can’t get enough. But the bugs! Sometimes I land on stations and there is no one there. I had a hard crash while going to a station to sell a bunch of crystals, about 2 million credits worth - lost all of that work.
The interface is a PITA. I still can’t figure out how to get people to work on my station, but I do have a manager. He just stands around whenever I land. LOL. Okay back to banging my head on the desk while at the same time loving this game.
X4: Foundations - Egosoft
• Added graphics setting to show graphics card and screen separately on multi-GPU systems.
• Added option to restore all default settings.
• Added Nividium to items bought by Argon and Teladi trade stations.
• Added SSAA 2x and 4x options back in.
• Improved accuracy of turrets and gimballed weapons.
• Improved skill gain profile for NPCs.
• Improved station-based traders to sell products at at least the price set at their station.
• Improved options for selling illegal wares.
• Removed non-functional engine mod type.
• Removed mining turret compatibility from Sunder.
• Removed display of type icons for unknown objects on map.
• Removed mouse cursor emulation in start menu.
• Removed option to shuffle station construction plan for HQ.
• Fixed logbook showing oldest 1000 entries instead of newest.
• Fixed searching for ware names to use the correct trade filter.
• Fixed missing guidance information in Mission Manager
• Fixed invasions stalling and starving the war missions of suitable situations.
• Fixed illegal build plot for advanced gamestart “The Unworthy Entrepreneur”.
• Fixed player-owned ships sometimes dropping cargo without the player telling them to.
• Fixed passengers or prisoners sometimes being promoted to captain thereby changing ship ownership.
• Fixed turrets on M-sized ships flown by the player and set to attack all enemies not engaging hostile XS-sized ships.
• Fixed case of patrolling ships failing to engage pirates pretending to belong to their faction.
• Fixed police ships penalising unpaid plots in locations where they do not have police authority.
• Fixed “Promote best crewmember” button not working if ship has no pilot and all crewmembers have 0 skills.
• Fixed being able to recruit crew from NPC-owned capital ships.
• Fixed another case of AutoTrade not functioning.
• Fixed AutoMiners not selling the resources that they gather.
• Fixed some player-owned ships not allowing you to dock.
• Fixed L-sized turret and shieldgenerator blueprints not being available to the player.
• Fixed certain collectables not being picked up when you fly over them.
• Fixed ships stuck while docked awaiting an invalid build to complete.
• Fixed characters being stuck in unhelpful places.
• Fixed being able to clone crew members.
• Fixed player logo being applied to HQ asteroid.
• Fixed player HQ information menu not working after adding a production to the HQ.
• Fixed missing dock areas on builder ships.
• Fixed incorrect type of mines near gate in Eighteen Billion.
• Fixed error incorrectly appearing if build is completed.
• Fixed asteroid scanning not being possible.
• Fixed missing text localization in several places.
• Fixed missing German station announcements and other voiced lines.
• Fixed a case of ships having no collision detection.
• Fixed ships skipping collision avoidance in certain situations.
• Fixed most cases of clipping through docking bay floors when docking.
• Fixed a case of the player ship warping to an invalid location on undocking.
• Fixed more cases of the player ship warping around (e.g. after taking control).
• Fixed crash when installing broken equipment mods.
• Fixed occasional unrecoverable freezes.
• Fixed several other causes of rare crashes.
A lot of big fixes in there. Nice.
Did you build the habitation thingie on it?
That’s a good sounding patch!
OMG this sounds super hilarious.
New Beta branch also out. Allegedly quite good. Adds war and new modules & new mining targets.
I can’t stop playing. :)
Me either. This game has a lot to do.
I’ve not played in a week. It’s been so tough, but I’m in the middle of my video series, and haven’t had the energy to record. Silly, I know.
Mr. Rubin, if I wanted to play a more finished space game than X4 is today, should I play X3:TC (unplayed in my library) or Starpoint Gemini Warlords (on sale on Steam)?
How about Evochron Legeacy?
(But if you HAVE to choose between those two, Warlords is the better choice, I feel)
I have Evochron Mercenary in my library. I’m looking for something that lets me build an empire more than just a combat game.
You can build stations and such in Evochron Legacy. It’s a lot more than just combat.
I tried playing Evochron and it seemed even more obscure than the X games.