X4 - Now with more flyable ships

Yup, she was awesome, no idea what happened to her.

On over 200 episodes of my own podcast, I believe we’ve had a woman on once. Maybe twice. :(

Elite has a woman doing the NPC combat AI. The neckbeards on the forum treat her like some kind of domme goddess. It’s disgusting, pitiful, and fascinating in equal measure.

I vote for Faye Valentine or Miriya Sterling.

Video from the presentation, shows the game in action. The map looks like a great improvement in the game.

I get worried when they mention supporting so many things - especially stuff that’s almost never fun like flying capital ships - but except for Rebirth they always manage to make the game as a whole fun enough, so hopefully it will work out.

Gots do it,right, rebel galaxy is one way to do it, dreadnaught online game is another, world of warships a third, all these are fun. However giant supertanker , well maybe fun a little while, and then nope, automation was needed then, x games was all about that but 8n a bad way.

A VR version of this game would be amazing.

Have they given any clue when this might be released?

Soooo this comes out this friday, and i havent seen news about except a release date, or any video besides a trailer.

Either they learned their lesson and they arent hiping the game after what happened with Rebirth or the game is full of bugs again.

Mr @BrianRubin ! Did you get any chance to play it?

It’ll be this. I would not go near a pre-order on this one. :)

Still waiting for my code.

Regardless of whether the game is good, there is a 100% chance it will be full of bugs. Egosoft has never released anything that isn’t buggy as hell at launch. However, X3 and prior were fun despite the bugs, whereas Rebirth was a near-unplayable mess and only reached “mediocre” with patches.

I’m a long-time supporter of Egosoft, so I might actually pre-order this. That said, my PC is barely at the minimum requirements, so I have no idea what kind of experience I’ll have (or when). We’ll see.

Oh wow. I completely forgot about this.

There’s not many people out there that do what they do. X:R was a total miss, but X3:TC is one of my best space sim experiences. I’ll be picking this one up.

I don’t think X:R was a total miss. It’s a pretty good game now, a lot better than it was at release. Which, again, is totally an Egosoft thing.

Also XR:VR is pretty great!

ObsidianAnt is doing a “pre-launch gameplay preview” stream in, like, 1 minute.

Holy crap this went completely under my radar. After X:R I’m quite optimistic about the game, even if I have to wait 6 months or a year to get a good experience. I’m swamped with other games at the moment anyway but I’ll be watching this thread like a hawk.

@BrianRubin and @rhamorim, we’re counting on you :)

Live stream if anyone’s curious: