X4 - Now with more flyable ships

Watching/listening now, Brian, thanks! (Bernd seems like a standup guy.)

I think you can limit what commodities get traded with the global trade option also. Its just that they are all enabled when the order is first given. I saw it in a youtube. I haven’t done it my self since I don’t know whats best and I’m also trying to get my rep up. So more trades are better?

It’s funny. The game gets patched quicker than my google fu. I was looking for managers on large capital ships but they “fixed” that already. I would of thought that a feature instead of a bug.

Yeah, I just discovered this yesterday as my traders both leveled up to 3 stars. Autotrading without three stars seems to limit trading to one sector, and I’m guessing any commodity. Those traders were making me far less than even gas miners.

Once you’re able to set autotrade as a default behavior, you can filter for which commodities to trade as well as setting maximum buy and sell jump ranges, which is think is the biggest benefit.

Those traders now make a killing for me. I’m sure the profits are also predicated on having a decent satellite network to keep pricing data fresh.

It looks like you can select wares to trade without default behavior by clicking on the little plus sign to the left of “autotrade” in the orders queue. The pilot star rating seems to determine how many sectors distant from the original sector (where you began the order) the pilot will be able to look for good trades. The higher the rating, the farther the pilot can look.

Beta 1 for 1.50 is available:
Patch Notes

Summary
  • Added option for “Betty” to speak target names.

• Added option to undock and abort ship upgrades that are waiting for resources.

• Added entry for the manual to Help menu,

• Improved performance with AMD GPUs.

• Improved ability of lasertowers to track targets.

• Improved faction rebuilding logic to not overload shipyards as much.

• Improved traders supplying shipyards and wharfs.

• Changed inventory drop button to drop all selected wares if multiple are selected (for single wares amount can still be chosen).

• Changed maximum damage done to ships due to sabotage by bailing pilots.

• Fixed ships flying huge curves when going long distances.

• Fixed getting left behind when leaving your ship in the space suit while in relative movement with a bigger ship.

• Fixed squadron subordinates sometimes flying extremely far from their commanders while flying in formation.

• Fixed station-based mining ships delivering very few resources to their station if the station has little to no funds.

• Fixed capital ships sometimes bouncing off of each other when attempting to dock to exchange wares.

• Fixed pirate ships congregating around their own stations.

• Fixed incorrect reputation requirements for friend/ally ceremonies of Ministry of Finance.

• Fixed repair mass traffic of pirate ships causing reputation loss when destroyed.

• Fixed turrets and self-maintenance not working on ships whose pilots bailed out.

• Fixed job ships not filling out their squadrons to make up for combat losses.

• Fixed player ship not being included in boarding menu ship selection if player ship is selected along with other player-owned ships.

• Fixed defence drones attempting to go to dock for repairs and to get more supplies.

• Fixed Satellite Coverage mission.

• Fixed Rescue Ship mission not rewarding any credits.

• Fixed ships to be rescued from a minefield responding to attacks.

• Fixed other lasertowers in a group not responding if one of them is attacked.

• Fixed several issues with Find Lockbox mission, including it not finishing in certain cases.

• Fixed Repair mission not completing if object got repaired in the meanwhile.

• Fixed Acquire Captain mission being available for spacesuit.

• Fixed Assassination missions selecting player-owned NPC’s as mission-target.

• Fixed several tutorial progression issues.

• Fixes savegames with stalled guild missions.

• Fixed player not being correctly refunded when aborting some ship builds.

• Fixed shipyards and wharfs never building again if they were hacked.

• Fixed Xenon shipyards and wharfs sometimes storing wares they don’t need.

• Fixed menu crash when upgrading capital ships.

• Fixed trade context menu being black.

• Fixed doors sometimes getting stuck after loading a savegame.

• Fixed NPC ships being removed on loading savegame in some situations.

• Fixed various localisation issues.

• Fixed reversed front/back speakers.

• Fixed causes of several freezes and performance issues in specific circumstances.

• Fixed several other causes of rare crashes.

Nice patch. I’m looking forward to when they can move on past fixing technical bugs and focus on polishing up the gameplay!

Very nice! I am still having a blast with this.

FWIW beta forums are reporting ships getting stuck in shipyards forever so maybe wait for beta 2 ;)

For some reason, when I read this, this exchange was all I could think of:

I’ve been too busy with work, classes, holidays, Path of Exile, to spend much time with X4 recently. Always good to wait anyway. But I did run across this guide to playing as a Pirate which I found very informative. It also showcases just how many mechanics are in play in this game:

Cheers! Helpful!

New patch:

Big feature?

NEW FEATURE (BETA): Send your ships on ventures into other players’ universes! With this, the final update for this year, we introduce “Ventures” - an exciting new feature in which you send your ships out into other players’ universes to explore and bring back rewards. Please note that this feature is currently in BETA and will be expanded upon in the new year.

What the hell is that even?!

That was unexpected. Interesting. I want to see how this works.

It looks interesting although the current mod hate in the feature is going to get them a lot of avoidable rage.

Also: No beta version released to the public had the feature enabled. Might want to keep that in mind :)

• Added notification in case player-owned ship is unable to dock as ordered.

Very helpful. The Ventures thing sounds interesting!

I have no opinion on Ventures yet, but here’s Egosoft’s documentation on them.

Dev video explaining Ventures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuONlBUTuy0&feature=youtu.be

With Fallout going multiplayer I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the number of negative comments but how can anyone see this as a “bad thing”? First off, it’s optional. I guess one could argue that Ego is spending development time/resources on features that could be spent on adding more SP content but it doesn’t really appear that they are. Seems like one guy working on “hey let’s add this neat little MP thing!” while the rest of the team concentrates on SP.

I get the concern tbh, many of them may be other space game players who had a bad experience with forced online in other games (X4 has a lot of Elite refugees for example).

But I also think Egosoft went out of their way in the video to say this is optional and a fun little extra feature so i am happy with it.

Yeah, they seemed to be sort of tempering their enthusiasm, like walking on eggshells. I get it though… I don’t like it when my favorite SP franchises go multiplayer but this doesn’t quite seem like it’s a full-scale effort by any stretch.

Spent a couple more hours tooling around X4.

Took the next step in main story, which involved some mild base building. That went unusually well, actually. I expected it to be obtuse, but things went without a hitch. Nice. My next goal is to scrape the cash I need to get a military fighter for my next mission.

Which leads me back to my trade ships. I’ve got two trade level ships and three on distribution duty. One of my trade ships was basically sitting around doing nothing for some reason, so I upped its max gate settings and it appears to be tooling around nicely now. The other one seemed to be happy just working Argon Prime but I have him set up to roam a bit more, now, too. We’ll see how that goes.

My two-star captains are still doing the distribution thing. I now longer see the option to have them set to trade when I right click on a sector map. Maybe that was removed in a patch?