X4 - Now with more flyable ships

That was super duper confusing for me too. I finally get it now. You should totally hop on the Superhighway and let it take your around the whole entire outer loop. It will help you make sense of it. If you haven’t done this I can help you get oriented. If you haven’t done that let me know and I’ll list the best way for you to get on.

How do you rotate objects for placing on your PDX base? I can’t rotate a pier. One side another base is too close, so I want to have it go the opposite way off my base and I can’t figure out how to rotate it.

If I recall, you can rotate components by selecting the part and then holding down RMB. You can use extensions/connectors as well. Like if you want it “below” you can build pipes “down”, add a connector, then attach it there.

Sorry I can’t recall the exact component names but hopefully you understand what I was saying.

I would think that I click on the Superhighway and then go on Auto Pilot? Not sure how to tell it to make the entire loop around?

Nope, when you get on the superhighway, make sure your steering is set just below the middle of your target zone, and it should keep you at top speed. Then just stay on. It will take you through like 10 sectors and jump gates, and you go very fast through it all.

What sectors have you revealed?

Black Sun 5
2nd Contact2 Flashpoint
Argon Prime
Holy Vision
True Sight

Perfect. Go to Argon Prime and jump on the Superhighway there and just stay on it til you loop around and get back to Argon Prime again. It will take you through 12 sectors, and once you’ve done the loop getting around it will make a lot more sense for you I think. I know it did for me.

Hard to believe this is the same @jpinard from a few days ago heheh.

Really! When I grow up in X4 I want to be just like Admiral Jpinard!

I was doing the first mission looking for signals and met the Boron ( I think that is his race). But somehow I turned down his mission by accident. How do I get it back?

Is it in your mission group? “Manage missions”.

I know! I will be asking him questions within a day.

Now that I’ve been running auto-miners for a while, they’re running low on good spots to do it, so I need to transition to refining or manufacturing some stuff for money? What would be a good thing to do in this case. I’ve only got my PDX base, and never built a base from scratch, so any advice to help me take these training wheels off would be great :)

Am I correct in thinking that a Captain’s level determines if they could search farther out to mine and sell their yield?

Yep. I only just learned that today too.

Uh-oh. I went to build a ship at Argon’s Wharf as they are my best friends in the game, and after searching for a while discovered the Xen had destroyed it! I also see a big huge Xen Destroyer milling around Argon Prime. I’m very afraid they may take over. Is there anything I can do to help with my puny forces? I haven’t even built my first production facilities yet!

If you can’t fight then directly you can help the Argon economy. They’ll need to build a new shipyard and replace lost ships.

Why did no one tell me I can pause the game in combat to search for targets or surface elements, or even when building?! OMG this is a game changer! If you didn’t know like me @geewhiz it’s the pause/break key. Not the escape pause menu.

I didn’t know you could pause either but to be honest I haven’t been playing that much. Still working on the first few missions.

The more the game clicks the more I fall in love with it. Cue @Bateau
I am restarting again LOL.