Xbox 360 back compat update

http://www.majornelson.com/2006/03/29/xbox-360-back-compat-update/

hmm, maybe I’ll rent black after all. plus, I may finally play through battlefront II. I bought it shortly before I got my 360 and never really played it, and hopefully forza won’t run like shit now.

http://www.majornelson.com/2006/03/29/xbox-360-back-compat-update/

New:
BLACK™
Star Wars Battlefront™ II
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9

Updated:
Darkwatch™
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas™
Half-Life® 2
Fable®
Fable®: The Lost Chapters™
Forza Motorsport™
Ninja Gaiden®
Ninja Gaiden® Black
SSX 3
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory™
kill.switch
World Series Baseball® 2K3

Whoa… I didn’t realize Deathrow was on the list. I just picked that up for a song recently to check it out. :)

I can’t wait for Winning Eleven Eleven.

That’s Winning Eleven 11 to you, Gary.

Oooh, I’m glad to see SSX3 on the list. I might have to give that a try.

3 games? er, ok…

I guess I can at least play gta now.

Gee, 3 whole games. I am very disappointed

If three new games is all they can come up with in three months, then it would certainly seem that they’ve taken the list almost as far as they can.

Yeah, and that’s disappointing I guess. I thought that they were going to have a large update this month. 3 games doesn’t feel that way.

I think most of the stuff on that “updated” list took as much time as the new games. Ninja Gaiden was NOT running well, for instance.

Anyone try out the updated emulation on it? Does it still drop to single-digit framerates when you get more than two enemies around?

As soon as my BF2 demo finishes downloading I’ll try out Ninja Gaiden and Forza.

Could anyone please post impressions of Ninja Gaiden Black and San Andreas improvements please? I’m still planning on buying these games for the 360 and want to know if I should.

I haven’t downloaded the update for San Andreas but I was surprised to see that there was a need. I played San Andreas quite extensively on the 360 and never noticed any problems. Well, quick correction - the game did crash once, but I just chalked that up to the sort of glitch that could happen with any piece of software. I’ll give it a go tonight.

Add me to the list of folks interested in how Ninja Gaiden Black now plays. I had considered getting it before but comments from others held me off.

Tried forza and SW:BF II, forza ran much perfectly smooth, but II ddunno, it seems like they turned off the 4xAA cuz I see jaggies now, altho I had only tried it once before when I first got the 360, so I can’t really compare.

I don’t really have any incentive to play because I don’t want to go all the way back through career mode and unlock the stuff I already did on xbox, but I could at least now.

sw:bf II ran fine as far as I could see, just played it a bit and remember the reason I stopped playing was because it wasn’t as fun (IMO) as the first one.

only other game on the updated list I have is halo 2 and I was more interested in playing PGR3 at that point so I didn’t get around to it.

Certain SKU’s of San Andreas didn’t work (IE if it worked previously you will see no change)

Ninja Gaiden should have everything but the old NES games working now.

The old games don’t work?

Also is the framerate for NGB as good as the Xbox version now?

Nope

That I cannot answer - everyone I know who tried it said it was way way better though.

Anyone try Black on 360? May get that now if it’s worthwhile upgrade.

One of my friends did and said it worked well (standard some guy in a forum YMMV disclaimer)

I just tried half life 2. They finally fixed the aspect issue. It looks great in upscaled 720p (quite a big jump from regular xbox visually). Unfortuantely the framerate still sucks.