Xbox 360 Full shot

I don’t know what city that is, so I don’t know if those street signs are real or modified for the commercial for some reason, but they don’t lend any credibility to this particular picture. What other sites are you seeing pictures of this on? I saw the same picture here at IGN, but they didn’t have any other shots of this or make any claims that it was legit. Just that it could be. The circle resembles the power button, sure, but that’s because the power button is a circle. We’ve pretty much got that idea from the current Xbox and the warped image from Ourcolony.net already.

Owing to the fact that all the people that can’t talk about it are making coughing noises that rhyme with tesh when asked if that’s the real deal, I’d put my money on the Not-Fake side of the coin.

Unless ourcolony is pulling off a ballsy prank.

Looking around at other responses, yeah, I’m in the not-fake camp too, I just didn’t get there by the same route as dmiller I guess :)

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8112/Xbox-360-Exposed/

Well, it’s certainly prettier than the big black brick of the first generation.

Well, I guess it isn’t a Photoshop job.

It certainly looks prettier than Xbox (but so do most electronics)… am the only one that thinks that it is still huge?

Hugely sexy? ;)

Hot dang, it looks less like a console and a lot more “mature” than the previous effort. Nice.

How does it look huge? It certainly appears smaller than the first by some margin. I guess we won’t know til we see them side by side.

Someone else whipped up this approximate comparison based on their estimates for the disc tray.

Would you look at that, the concave on the convex. So supine, so sublime.

I reckon that’s of a pleasing size.

Hell I could never understand the size complaints anyway. Not from America or Europe at any rate. It’s not like you have to hold the thing while you play it. This new one looks like it could be placed on its side so I imagine there’ll only be complaints from the serial moaners.

So you can stack your 360 on your XBox. Guess that’s one solution to the backwards compatability issues…

Well, some people do have limited space. When I first got Xbox, I couldn’t get over its huge size. This was probably because I had a tiny Gamecube next to it.

Based on rough calculations, the current Xbox is 12" wide x 4" high. This one seems to be 11" wide x 3.5" high. Won’t help things much in Japan.

So you can stack your 360 on your XBox.

That’s really clever, though.

My new PS2 makes my roommate’s old PS2 look monstrous. I think things like physical size and style of the console, and even the name (I think Xbox 360 sounds retarded) are never really important once the system is out.

One thing I think is odd is that, as we know there was a lot of moaning about the size of the original, and that there was a lot of speculation about the size of the new XBox because of that. Some people were saying that not having a hard drive would help reduce the size of the unit - or more specifically that the size of the current unit was a lot down to the inclusion of the hard drive. Well MS appear to have b0n3rd themselves on that front.

If that is a hard drive slot at the top and it can be added it afterwards then they haven’t saved any space at all. You’d think they would have factored that into the design?

It may just be that they need space to run a really hot X800.

Looks like it may not be as deep as the first Xbox. I think it looks pretty nice. One controller port makes me think the controllers will daisy chain. One port, unlimited players!

I don’t see why they don’t just give up and start designing them as occult symbols. All Seeing Eye Game Pyramid, Pentagram Station 3, and the Masonic Box.

Wasn’t it supposed to be wireless controllers?

Maybe, not out of the box. Do you see a recharging dock in that picture? I think MS will cheap out here.