Xbox 360 Is For Everyone!

Can someone post the list of launch games that we know of already? I want to know which one my wife wants for Christmas.

–Dave

You’re saying Microsoft will bring us console games that women and kids can enjoy? That’s amazing! Why hasn’t any other company ever thought of that!?

Everyone knows women have been waiting years to pay $400 so they can play spider solitare on their TV!

It’s not for me.

(PS: How does Gladius play on an Xbox with the hard drive and all? The load times on PS2 suck!)

WAIT WAIT WAIT, DOES MIDNIGHT SON LIKE THE PS2?!?!?!?! OMG!!

Nintendo makes money.

Can you answer my question, padre?

YOU LIKE THE PS2?!?!

Yes, since November 2004. Particularly RPGs. So NYAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! :lol:

Kameo is for teenage girls? Sign me up!

It would be funny if they used the term “bundlefuck” when they mention gamestop.

ROFL! Here’s the text leading up to and including the Kameo quote from the article…

The Pepsi promotion “also hits moms,” Mr. Nielsen said, because “moms make a lot of the final decisions” on whether the family buys a new game console.

Microsoft will also try to showcase more family-oriented games that can be played on the 360. The Xbox has long depended on the popularity of games like Halo, the hit shooting game, for console sales. But with the new machine, it will promote games like Kameo, an action-adventure game for young teenagers, including girls.

Here’s what a guy who has played it at the NYC DigitalLife event today had to say about it.

Kameo may look cartoonish, but the game is quite violent. In fact, the game rewards you with for more violent kills. This score can then be uploaded to a global leaderboard on Live. For instance, with Chilla (the snow guy with huge spikes), I had picked up 3 Orcs and slammed them onto the spikes on my back. I picked up another and started using him as a baseball bat beating off hordes of other Orcs. Once the baseball bat Orc served his purpose (died) I picked the Orcs off my back and tossed them around. I tossed one into a group of enemies and watched them all fall down like bowling pins. Everything has underlying physics on it, and behaves appropriately. The more carnage you can cause the better, and if you do well enough you enter a “warrior focus” mode in which time slows down allowing you to really combo up things fast between elemental forms.

Yeah. There’s a girl game for ya!

–Dave

The list of games likely to be available at launch or soon after is depressingly un-family friendly (Gun, CoD2, etc), with the exception of the racing and sports games.

I’m hoping that we’ll see a bit more diversity with time. I do think there will be some more family oriented titles available via X-box Live and think they’d do well to push that service.

If I preorder a 360, I’ll likely reserve NFS/PGR3, but nothing else.

Very interested in how Kameo well sells since ‘cute’ games do abysmally on the Xbox. Of course it being a launch title will give it a huge boost but still…

Being a launch title will make it sell way better than it would otherwise. I really think there is no audience for anything remotely “cute” on these Microsoft consoles. It’s the console for manly men.

–Dave

That’s why there are so many copies of Munch’s Oddysee out there. Launch titles get to play by different rules.

Maybe Kameo will be reasonably priced once I get around to buying an X360, I know MO is dirt cheap…

Kameo is not cute. It looks like Lisa Frank puked all over everything.

C’mon Angie. If Microsoft says it is, then who are you to disagree?!

–Dave

Kameo may look cartoonish, but the game is quite violent. In fact, the game rewards you with for more violent kills. This score can then be uploaded to a global leaderboard on Live. For instance, with Chilla (the snow guy with huge spikes), I had picked up 3 Orcs and slammed them onto the spikes on my back. I picked up another and started using him as a baseball bat beating off hordes of other Orcs. Once the baseball bat Orc served his purpose (died) I picked the Orcs off my back and tossed them around. I tossed one into a group of enemies and watched them all fall down like bowling pins. Everything has underlying physics on it, and behaves appropriately. The more carnage you can cause the better, and if you do well enough you enter a “warrior focus” mode in which time slows down allowing you to really combo up things fast between elemental forms.

You slam them for saying it is for girls then turn around and say no one would buy this game because it is too cartoony. Which is it? Can you at least not contridict yourself in the same thread? It is embarassing.

– Xaroc

Why does the guy at NYC Digitallife sound like he’s making it up? Slaming orcs on the spikes on his back, using them as a baseball bat, throwing them, punch, and kick are probably all of Chilla’s moves or something.

What’s embarrassing? That you can’t read?

They’re two unrelated points. They’re saying the game is for girls. IT’S NOT. The description of gameplay is pretty obviously not for females.

It’s pretty obvious that “cute” looking games, of which this is one despite the rough gameplay (a lot like Conker, actually) don’t sell well to the Xbox fanbase.

–Dave