Xbox 360 Oblivion mods. Of course

That’s what I meant of course, the people giving in to this and paying $2.50 per every mod Bethesda releases. Pretty soon it will be 20 mods and then they’ll just have paid $50, the price of Oblivion all over again ;).

Yeah, still do because I’m not a fucking moron that needs to download horse armor.

Is this a retarded vendetta with you or something?

Horses…horses…

Oh! Those things I tried for five minutes, before realising how much more convenient it was to just walk.

Yeah. No sale.

Yeah, I’d much rather walk. My speed is so high that I can almost keep up with horses anyway.

Yeah, but think about all the cool horse bling you’ll have!

I like the idea of riding around, and I think the 3rd person actually looks pretty good on horseback. I do it sometimes for atmospheric purposes. But given the run speed and fast-travel they are pretty superfluous. Especially since horses can be targeted by mobs and can get killed if you aren’t careful, and how it’s harder to start a battle on the right footing when you have to dismount first.

It’s kinda weird. I certainly wouldn’t ask them to slow down the run speed in order to make mounts more useful – I have too many grim memories of Morrowind’s achingly slow walk speed. And after a long session where I had to bop back and forth among various Daedric shrines and Cloudtop temple and Llewayin and whatnot, I’m hardly upset about fast-travel. Yet, it’s hard to get excited about having a mount when there isn’t a major increase in travel speed and when there aren’t trips you have to make manually (WoW being the obvious example where both of these things are the case). Maybe if you could pull out your sword on horseback and run people down, hacking at them from your mount, it would be more compelling.

My framerate goes right into the toilet when I mount, anyway. I’m still carrying the horse around, mostly because I haven’t found a way to sell it yet.

Why oh why did they not make mounted combat possible? Would have made horses useful. I don’t mind horses for riding around the countryside. There are quests that do send you into territory where fast travel is not an option, and on occasion it’s good to get off the beaten path. But horses are just so cumbersome when you want to fight and on top of that you are giving up the opportunity to pick alchemy ingredients.

As you may know, it is possible to pick herbs on horseback, but it’s so hard to finagle it that it’s usually not worth it.

Surely you’ve been here long enough to recognise that scharmers’ sense of humour is a little… different… to the rest? And I don’t mean that in an insulting way.

Hey PC guys don’t be so glum. 1Up is reporting that the same horse armor mod will be available for you guys too. Only $1.99!

Which coincidentally means “free tomorrow or the day after”.

You are almost as big a pack rat as I am. Do you make multiple trips from dungeons to make sure you sell absolutely everything?

No, I leave the rat meat. Regretfully.

So’s mine. Anyway, that probably came off a little strong. Whenever Is ee FTW and lots of HA’s I get nutty.

It was irony, I think.

Can we get a chart or something that specifies when it’s okay to steal stuff via download and when it’s not? It’s all very confusing.

Can we get a chart or something that specifies when it’s okay to steal stuff via download and when it’s not? It’s all very confusing.

Sure, but you need a monitor capable of 5 dimensional projection.

I don’t see what the big deal is. You’re either willing to spend $2.50 on horse armor or you’re not. I don’t see how it affects anyone elses life outside of the guy making that decision for his own enjoyment.

Well, this is the thing. At some point, there will magically be a horse armor pack in a user created mod. When this happens, people who paid their two bucks will be all “wtf! I had to pay!”

So this will start problem number 1: Will bethesda prevent everyone from making horse armor mods? Or alternately, will they stop making people pay for it?

Which will lead to problem number 2: How do you stop people from making certain mods when the entire point of your system is modding?

Which implies problem number 3: How do you keep a straight face while charging people money for things everyone else gets for free?