~The Game Pass Thread~

3 years was the limit to conversions from xblg, but I don’t know if that’s also the limit to how much time you can bank.

It’s the limit you can bank as well.

I’m close to the 3-year limit then.

Thanks for linking the deal, Timex!

Yep. Entered in my bunch of codes today.

4-22-2021 3-50-57 PM

So if I have GPU until July 2022, I can just buy bunch of these codes and extend it to 2023 or 24?

Yes. But it’s a pain in the ass. At least on a desktop. I just did it once just now, it gave me 13 codes all once, and I can’t select them without selecting all of them. So I just typed them into the Redeem Codes page one at a time 13 times. Sheesh.

If I do it again, I’ll try selecting the whole thing and pasting it into notepad or something first.

I don’t know when everyone started abbreviating it GPU, but I don’t like it. That’s a graphics card, folks.

Thanks, I extended it by 15 months. It was indeed pain in the ass, so much copypaste, but the price is good.

In non-cheapskate-related news, i read yesterday that Game Pass is up to 23 Million subscribers. Doing some quick math tells me that even assuming all of those people paid an average of $4.50/month, for the full 3 years you can subscribe, that’s nearly 4 Billion for the next 3 years. Seems like enough to keep this thing going?

Really depends on how much they’re paying publishers, and how much revenue they’re giving up on 1st party stuff. I mean, $4bn doesn’t even cover the Bethesda acquisition.

Glad I’m not the only one that had to do a double take on how people were getting graphics cards for $4 a month

The list of codes is semicolon delimited. It pastes into a spreadsheet very nicely. That’s what I used.

Well, like I said, that’s an unrealistic minimum. But past that, they’ve released stats that say GP members actually tend to spend more money buying games and DLC than the average player. And when they’ve released GP games on Steam, it seems like they keep hitting the top 10 charts (thinking Sea of Thieves, FH 4? MSFS?). I wasn’t talking about total Games Division sales, just GP income. I think MS investor call is Monday. I’m sure we’ll hear more then.

This is about more than your preferences. There are children in Ethiopia lacking the electrons to record TikTok dances to Oops…I Did It Again. Think globally. Mother Earth thanks you.

The Xbox dashboard says my Game Pass Ultimate is about to expire and to renew but I still have about 9 months left.

That gives you the opportunity to register like 120 weeks worth of codes. :P

Yeah, mine keeps complaining too. Mine had “only” 16 months left this morning. Now I have 19 months left, hopefully that will satisfy the Xbox dashboard. Back off dashboard.

Codes for the code god.

This appears to be sold out. Sounded like a good deal!

I got one just in time. The payment failed a few times, until I tried on Chrome.