~The Game Pass Thread~

Oh wow, horizontal inversion is the worst. Can you not reverse that?

To be honest I didn’t poke around in the config, I wanted to get back to Flight Sim. I’ll probably check it out later today.

Wow, reversing the X axis is weird. I understand the y axis thing where some people think of the stick as their head on their neck so they push forward to look down, but what tortured analogy drives reversing the x axis?

The idea is that you’re controlling the camera. In Mario 64, this worked for me, because they introduced the camera-creature, and you’re controlling that camera creature. So the camera creature moves to the player’s left while still looking at the player, therefore you look toward the right. But while it worked for me in Mario 64, I just couldn’t get my heard around it in Mario Sunshine.

It was kind of the norm for a while, at least that’s how I remember it. Back in the PS2 era most of the third person games like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper all did that and I got used to it. So much so that when I tried playing Splinter Cell on the original Xbox I had trouble controlling Sam Fisher because it didn’t flip the x axis.

Hades is vastly easier, and quite a bit more engaging to boot.

In all 3 you had the option to do it either way. I don’t remember inverse X being the default option in those, but maybe you’re right. I think Mario Sunshine was the first only one I had played in that era that didn’t give you an option.

The Codemasters racing games are also coming to EA pass:

• Dirt 4
  • Dirt Rally
  • Dirt Rally 2.0
  • F1 2020
  • Grid

It’s in the article Mr Dive linked above, but I only looked at the picture first :)

The first three were on gamepass before, last two new.

Every time Grid was on sale for below $10 I almost bought it on Xbox. Woohoo! Hesitancy pays off again.

Is that old Grid or new Grid?

New Grid.

The old one was called GRID. Although, to be fair, the Dirt games are actually DiRT.

The list also mentioned Crossing Souls is leaving soon. That one is PC only.

We only got a week warning for GAT V. Play it fast if anyone wants to.

I knew I’d escaped Microsoft’s foibles for too long.

Forza Horizon 4 stopped working, just loading a gray window and I’m off to redownload 92GB.

PS2 Ratchet and Clank 1 inverts the X axis by default. Source: My kids have been playing it for the last six months.

Half a decade between posts?

I only care about PS2 Ratchet and Clank these days

The ascent is WAY better than I had expected it to be. It’s definitely worth checking out.

Library of Ruina is out on game pass today. The steam reviews are good, and quite a lot of them have a ton of hours played. Looks worth a download.

Huh. Yeah, I watched some gameplay of that one ages ago. Very unusual

Also the codemasters stuff got added and Stardew Valley will be coming soon.