~The Game Pass Thread~

Yeah. I feel like that run took a lot longer.

Oh yeah, I think most of my runs in that game were around the 3-hour mark. But for whatever reason, I tended to die early or not at all. For the most part, if I got past the first two regions, I had a solid enough setup and was able to finish the run.

Wasn’t seeing Tainted Grail, had to search for it then it wouldn’t let me install it because it was above the signed in users restrictions, I only have the one account with no kid settings set, soo…I got it to install by signing out and signing back in. I love PC game pass.

I’ve also checked out Sable on the S. Unique look to the art, not sure about the intentional low frame animations though. Performance seemed maybe erratic, tough to say with the animations as they are. Definitely a bit janky, in my 45 minutes or so had my character kind of go standing perpendicular.

This.

I paid the extra dollar to upgrade to Ultimate so I can run a Playstation game through an XBox client on my PC…

So now for the first time since MLB 2K12 my Be A Pro character Randy Sweetcakes is back.

I’m disappointed that a game with about eight different nose setting sliders doesn’t allow for the broken nose curve that would have really finished his look.

re: Sable, I’m happy to report that performance on the XSX is great. I’m sure someone that cares more than me might ding it for the occasional micro-stutter or whatever people like to complain about these days, but it looks and runs great, no bugs or glitches. I played basically through the demo portion to where the world opens up (which is a little longer in the full game), and the Japanese Breakfast song comes up during the title. It’s looking like it’s going to be a fine time. Consoles ftw, I guess.

Huh, I actually just tried it on XSX as well, but was getting constant stutters and hitches. Maybe I’ll try rebooting first if I come back to it.

Been playing Sable the last few days. Super different design. Basically, it’s an open world walking simulator. There’s no combat, and no fail state whatsoever. The only real mechanics are a stamina bar for climbing ala Shadow of the Colossus, and a gliding jump that you can hold as long as you want (though it drifts slowly downwards the whole time). Other than that, it’s pure exploration and side quests. There is a main quest sort of thing, but you literally have (potentially) 1/3 of it given to you for completing the prologue, and no real push for you to finish the game once you actually fulfill ‘it’.

It’s very chill. This will be a nice palate cleanser before the hardcore of Phoenix Point next week.

Presented without comment. Mostly because I have no idea what I just watched.

So it’s Cruelty Squad as a tycoon game?

If I have an existing lapsed/canceled GamePass for PC subscription and have used the $1 for 1-3 months promo once or twice before, if I add a year or Xbox Live Gold ($59 CAD card from Costco Canada) it would be pro-rated and not a year’s worth right?

If it’s expired, you can add the year of XBL and then convert it to a year of GPU for $14.99.

Does anyone elses windows keep telling you , that your new computer comes with a free month of gamepass, and that I should activate it? Even though I have the full gamepass sub? So annoying! And I am worried IF I activate it, Microsoft will think I only have the standard version of gamepass.

Yes. It’s very annoying and I’m too lazy/stressed to deal with it.

I should have known better given past experience with Microsoft, but this isn’t going well.

I had to abort my first Road to the Show career when the game kept telling me the rosters were corrupt and it kept changing my control methods for fielding/pitching/hitting away from my selections and back to the defaults, and resetting my players skill gains, changing my player to ~58OVR even though I’d made it up to something like 64.

Career #2 made it two games before Randy Sweetcakes started to vanish to be replaced with “Joe Random.” Best of all was when it happened mid-game against the Hartford Yard Goats.

Still in the part of the career where the games makes you a two-way player Sweetcakes hit his first career home run over the left field wall, then came back to bat in the sixth looking like he’d had extensive plastic surgery and gone into witness protection in AA baseball with a new number and the “Random” name back on his jersey.

At least it only cost me a dollar.

Even money on it being an issue with MLB The Show. Their servers have always been questionable at best. Not that it makes it less frustrating for you.

Hey, looks like it’s time to try out the Avengers!

Interesting. A game I had no desire to play, but I guess if it’s on game pass, I’ll at least give it a try.

I guess this is where I’m at, too. But Phoenix Point is out the next day, so it’ll probably be a while.

I played Avengers on the PS4.

It’s a game that had huge potential, with amazing IP, that was absolutely squandered by an incompetent developer.

That being said, it’s fun to play for a few hours before it becomes stupidly repetitive.

I wouldn’t pay money for it (although I did), but for free? Go for it.

That’s really the best thing about Gamepass… there’s no barrier to entry for a million games.