~The Game Pass Thread~

I just tried it out…whatever 32 MB/s is, that’s what I’m getting. I think that’s about what my wi-fi tops out at, so full speed.

You mean megabits per second there, right? Is this on PC or on a console? If on a console, make sure you’ve quit out of any games that may be running in the background. That will absolutely kill your download speed.

If the Xbox app on PC lets you not quit out of a game but just suspend it like that, then make sure that’s not the case there either.

It seemed to saturate my WiFi when I downloaded AoE the other day. Couldn’t access the web outside of it.

No, megabytes. It’s the app on PC. I remember deleting the download-cache helped when Steam had slow download speeds once. But how to do this on the Game Pass app… not figuring it out today :)

Wow, you must have gigabit fiber to the home then, because I have 400+ Mb/s (Not MB/s) from Comcast/xFinity and I might get around 35 MB/s on things tops. Must be nice to consider that “abysmal.” ;-)

On PC my speeds were ok but on my Series S they routinely just completely suck, sometimes sub 10mb/s

Yep, 1000Mbits/s. It’s quite cheap and I got used to it and I seem to be spoiled by it. Of course it’s only abysmal compared to the download speeds Steam lets you have.
After the misunderstandings related to my erroneous mb/s-statement and looking at what others posted the download speed might in fact capped at around 35MB/s.

I don’t want to mess this up so I just want to make sure I renew right. My 2+ original years are up around 11/19. How best should I renew?

Is it still the same plan-Add years of Gold then do the upgrade to ultimate? It looks like $55 a year at Costco is a pretty good rate for Gold. I remember some folks had issues going 3 years. Was it just if you chose to auto renew for the free month? I think maybe that would push you over the 3 years limit messing up the conversion.

I’m just trying to figure out the best way to 36 months of ultimate. If it costs me $165 that is well worth it for the 3 years in my opinion.

Yes, you have it right. Get the three years, don’t get the free month for auto-renewal or you won’t be able to enter the third code. And since you already used the $1 to convert once in the past, this time it will be $15 to convert the 3 years of gold into 3 years of Ultimate. So it should be $180 for 3 years that way.

Does the $15 vs $1 thing apply if you actually let your subscription lapse for a while? In other words, if I let it lapse come March 20-something next year and wait a month or so, can I get in on converting 3 years of Gold to GPU for $1 again (assuming the current regime continues through next spring)? Or having done it once, am I forever marked as ineligible for that? I mean 15 bucks is still quite decent too, but every little bit counts.

I have personally never run out, but from other posts here at Qt3, I gathered one account can only do the $1 conversion from Gold to Ultimate once, and subsequent times you do it, it costs $15.

I put it on the WH3 thread, but it is also news here

Nice! That’s a big addition

Woah.gif

Damn! Just bring it to console, already!

Yeah, my PC is really old in the tooth and I’ve been stubbornly holding out for the bitcoin craze to die down before getting a new one. Right now, my Series X is where I want all my graphically intense games.

Good lord, Game Pass is such a stupidly good deal. And that’s without going through the effort of taking advantage of the various $1 subscription opportunities.

I have bought exactly 1 games so far this generation, and I have been playing new games non stop for a year now.

Great thanks for the confirmation, that sounds like the plan. I assume I can do this the day after my current sub ends. I don’t think I’ve ever heard that you need to wait some period of time to resub.

Gamepass keeps on giving. And since gamepass has been doing it so much, Sony has to compete… PS Now/Plus just got Mafia complete edition and that Amalur Remake game. Oh wow, competition is good… so true eh?